Planning to buy Groupdocs total - query on features (viewer- annotation etc.-)

Hi,

We are planning to buy Groupdocs total (java api). We have requirement to view documents, annotate and compare them when necessary (and decided to go with total).

How will the look and feel of group docs look like? Will the UI allows us to switch between viewer, annotation etc.,? Can you provide us some details?

Thanks,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs APIs.
We’d like to apprise you that all GroupDocs 3.x or GroupDocs Next Generation APIs are totally UI-independent. Hence, you can integrate any of the API in your Java project irrespective of any framework or platform dependency.
Moreover, these APIs are not dependent on each other, you can write a project and make separate calls to avail different functionalities of different GroupDocs APIs.
Will the UI allows us to switch between viewer, annotation etc.,?
Please note, all GroupDocs Next Generation or 3.x APIs are totally back-end, there is no UI associated like it was in 2.x versions of the APIs. Thus, it is up to you, how you design/develop a UI project where you avail required functionalities from these APIs.
Please go through following resources and share your thoughts:
Resources for GroupDocs.Annotation for Java:
Resources for GroupDocs.Viewer Java:

Thanks Atir,

GrouDocs Annotation also supports realtime annotations between various parties (for e.g. user A and user B).

Can you please clarify for below:

1. User A opened Document A in viewer, User B opened same document for annotation
User B annotated the pdf, can User A see the same annotated document in realtime in viewer

2. User A and User B opened the same pdf document for annotation
User A annotated, can User B see the User A annotation in realtime

Please let me know for any questions

Regards,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

You can implement real-time annotation using the API using web-socket or any other technology. Please find the attached screenshots, I added rectangle annotation with text in chrome and then opened same document in Firefox.
You may find documentation and example projects very helpful.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Thanks

Hi Atir,

As per group docs system requirements it supports the below OS.

http://www.groupdocs.com/docs/display/viewerjava/

As we are planning to use Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016 OS. Will this impact running groupdocs api?

I thought groupdocs run on Java jvm and not specific to OS. Can you pls suggest.

Thanks,

Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

You actually explored documentation of older version of the API (2.x). We’d like to inform you that Next Generation GroupDocs for Java APIs can be executed on any Operating System with Java JDK installed.
Please go through following articles:
Kind regards

Hi Atir,

We want to integrate groupdocs (viewer and annotation) with PEGA platform. Can you please provide me some references?

Thanks,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

We’d like to inform you that Next Generation GroupDocs APIs are totally framework and platform independent. You can integrate these APIs in any of your Java application/framework. All the classes in the APIs are OOP structured.
We’d suggest you to go through our showcase/example projects and documentation(s) in order get basic knowledge about integration and features of the APIs.
Please go through the following resources, I also shared these resources earlier:

Resources for GroupDocs.Annotation for Java:

Hi Atir,

Thanks for your response.

Viewer, I configured as java web project in maven, has no problem with it.

We are integrating group docs in Pega platform, and PEGA platform expects only jar files to be included in the project. How can we configure viewer/annotation in PEGA? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

PEGA platform expects only jar files to be included in the project.
As PEGA expects only JAR files. So, please integrate JAR files of both GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x and GroupDocs.Annotation for Java 3.x in your project and share your experience.

Thanks

Hi Atir,

We are using your sample web project for viewer, unable to send blob data to groupdocs viewer. As per js API, its asking for physical file, but we want to send the blob data to viewer.

Can you please confirm whether we can send blob data in existing js api?

Thanks,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

Can you please elaborate your issue in more details?
Can you please confirm whether we can send blob data in existing js api?
Are you talking about the JS files that are used in our front end application?
We’d appreciate your cooperation.

Many Thanks

Hi Atir,

I have a document in the database as blob. I need to show it in the viewer by streaming the blob and giving it as an input the viewer js api.

Our requirement does not have flat file document, every file is maintained in db. We need to stream the document from DB and show in viewer.

There is a restriction that I should not generate any flat file from DB and store in local node.

Regards,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the clarification.
Please note that our showcase projects are open-source. Hence, you can re-code or re-structure them as per your needs. Yes, our showcase project only renders a file when file path is given to it/JS files. However, by altering the code of the showcase project as per your own needs, you can pass stream file to the viewer in order to render it.

Kind regards

Hi Atir,

Thanks for your response.

I wasn't able to figure out classes or methods from viewer java API which accepts blob/streams as inputs, API expecting the files to available in local storage.
(https://apireference.groupdocs.com/java/viewer)

Please guide me on this with some references.

Regards,
Prem Kumar

Hi Prem,

Please guide me on this with some references.
Please go through this documentation hope it will help you out.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Many Thanks