Possibility to use the web view for differences in documents without the merge functionality?

I liked the possibility to view the changes of documents with the web viewer, but I want to disable the merge functionality. In my scenario only viewing the changes is relevant, changing the document is done elsewhere in the application. Is this possible to do somehow?

Hello Lars,

Thank you for your interest in GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET. If you’re asking about ability to disable merge functionality when using a standard web-GUI interface, which, for example, can be found here - unfortunately at this moment GroupDocs.Comparison doesn’t contain such feature. We recorded your suggestion in our “features for future” list, thanks.

However, there is an another way to achieve what you want. “Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison.GroupdocsComparison” class, which is used for showing a web-GUI with results of comparison and ability to merge changes, is a high-level wrapper around the “ComparisonService” class. And you can use “ComparisonService” class directly, and develop your own web-GUI based on it, which can contain only those features that you want.

We strongly recommend you to take a look at the article “Compare Two Word Documents or PDF Files in C# and Display Diffs in ASP.NET”. It contains all necessary explanations and a sample project, which, in turn, contains a slightly primitive, but custom web-GUI, which is based on “ComparisonService” class and doesn’t contain merging functionality. It may be used as a foundation of what you want to achieve.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.