Potential memory leak / performance slowing down

Hello,

I am urgently after some help as I have exhausted myself for a week on this. I am trying to write an API responsible for converting documents to PDF.

This is fine, however I am seeing performance reduce with requests one after another. I’m not sure if there is a memory leak or something somewhere? I have attached a .zip file containing an API and a Console App to demonstrate the issue. Whilst the slow down in this sample is very very minor, when I deploy to API to Azure the issue appears to get worse.

I have tried a variety of approaches including async/await, writing the files to disk first to avoid large memory streams. I am also disposing of any streams when done and wrapping code in using statements where possible. In fact the only way I can consistent levels of performance is to remove the conversion and return a PDF from disk, which makes me believe there could be an issue during the conversion.

Please help! Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have also asked StackOverflow for any Azure based advice, but no luck.

If you require any further information, please ask and I will do my best to help. Thank you in advance.

@rthomas95
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6440

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for the quick response. Does the issue ID mean you have a found an issue or is it purely for investigation purposes? Also are you able to provide a rough ETA for a further update?

1 Like

@rthomas95

We will conduct an investigation and may request additional information if necessary. Please be aware that all free support tickets are addressed on a first-come, first-served basis. The estimated time for a fix can only be provided after the initial investigation. We will keep you updated on any developments.

@atir.tahir

I can see on the issue status at the bottom this has been closed, please can I have an update? Is this fixed in this months release? Or what’s happening?

Thanks

@rthomas95

This issue/ticket is fixed in API version 23.11. We’ll notify you once the release is available to download.

Perfect, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

@rthomas95

You are welcome.