PPTX generated using Open XML are not rendering

Hello,

We have an application which generates PPTx files using Open XML sdk.

The PPT’s open properly in Windows 7 - Power Point Application. But when we view the document using group docs Viewer (on browser), we are seeing an error “An error occurred while processing your request”

We have a Site Small Business License and we want help in getting this resolved.

Attached is a sample pptx which is not opening using Group Doc Viewer.

Please keep prabhjot.singh@egonzehnder.com in cc for all communications wrt this issue.

Regards,
Kishore Jandhyala
+91 9818886870

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

Can you please tell us the version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET you are using? We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

Hello Usman Aziz, We are using Version 2.19.0.0

Thanks
Prabhjot

Hi Prabhjot,

I have tested your file and was able to view it . TO view the document I use such GroupDocs.Viewer source code:

<%= Viewer.ClientCode()
.TargetElementSelector("#test")
.FilePath(“MA Client Report - ssss cccc Report.pptx”)
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.Quality(100)
.UseHtmlBasedEngine(true, true)
.PreloadPagesCount(1)
.OpenThumbnails(false)
.ShowViewerStyleControl(false)
%>

Please share with me your code example that I can reproduce your issue.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel Teplitskiy,

Seems like file was edited after generation. Please note, once file is edited & saved it starts working fine with GroupDocs.

I have attached the 2 more files(with same contents) which are not working. GroupDocs is showing error for which I have attached a screen shot as well as stack trace in .rtf file.

We are using C#/WebApi/IIS to host groupdocs code

Looking forward your help.

Regards,
Prabhjot

Hi again,

Sorry but I can’t see any attached files . Could you please try to share them via Google Drive or any other cloud storage.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel Teplitskiy,

Seems like the earlier file was not a correct sample file.

I have attached the 2 more files(with same contents) which are not working. GroupDocs is showing error for which I have attached a screen shot as well as stack trace in .rtf file.

We are using C#/WebApi/IIS to host groupdocs code

@(Html.ViewerClientCode()

.FilePath(Model.FullName)

.EnableRightClickMenu(true)

.ShowHeader(false)

.ShowThumbnails(false)

.OpenThumbnails(true)

.ZoomToFitWidth()

.Height(1400)

.PreloadPagesCount(1)

.UseHtmlBasedEngine())

Looking forward your help.

Regards,

Kishore

Seems some error, I can not upload. Kishore has uploaded it.

Hi,

I have checked new documents with the GroupDocs.Viewer and was able to reproduce the issue. Since you use a very old version which which is not supported any more the only way to resolve the issue is to migrate to the latest version of the Viewer which render this document with out any problems.

Please investigate our documentation and if you will need any help with it - feel free to contact our support.

Best regards.

Hi,

We are facing issues in converting our old code to use latest version of group docs.

Can you provide me sample code for GroupDocs viewer 17.1 for MVC 4.5?

@Html.CreateViewerScriptLoadBlock().LoadJquery().LoadJqueryUi()

@(Html.ViewerClientCode()

.FilePath(Model.FullName)

.EnableRightClickMenu(true)

.ShowHeader(false)

.ShowThumbnails(false)

.OpenThumbnails(true)

.ZoomToFitWidth()

.Height(1400)

.PreloadPagesCount(1)

.UseHtmlBasedEngine())

regards,

Kishore

Hello,

Can you look into this urgently?

Our project is getting impacted with this.

regards,
Kishore

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for sharing your issue with us.

The next generation GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET starting from version 3.0.0 is a standalone, back-end document rendering API that renders the supported document formats into either HTML pages or images. The front end UI has been disintegrated from the back-end API. Now, you will have to create your own front end application to view the rendered pages of any document. We have also created some sample open source document viewer applications using the next generation GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET. You can also use any of these applications and modify them as per your needs. You can find these applications in Showcase section in the GitHub repository of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

In case of any confusion, please feel free to let us know.

Warm Regards