PPTX to PDF conversion - Font problem in PDF ("reference to the .notdef glyph") in .NET

When I convert the uploaded PPT to PDF with Aspose 20.7, and then I check the result PDF with veraPDF (Software | veraPDF), then I see in the Validation Report this issue:
“A PDF/A-2 compliant document shall not contain a reference to the .notdef glyph from any of the text showing operators, regardless of text rendering mode, in any content stream.”
This is a problem because I try to further convert this PDF to PDF/A-3 with the SoftXpansion library, and SoftXpansion cannot correct this issue.
Remark: when I use the MS-PowerPoint appliation to store this pptx as pdf, then the result pdf does not have this problem.
What could be the reason for this “.notdef glyph”?
test-japanese.zip (361.2 KB)

@Therefore_Developer

Do you mean GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET or Aspose.PDF for .NET?

Sorry, it is in fact GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET.

@Therefore_Developer

Please see if this output.pdf (944.8 KB) has validation issue. We’d recommend you to share validation report (if that is different) in case of issue.
Furthermore, you can convert to PDF/A3 using GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET API. Have a look at this screenshot.png (9.4 KB).

Yes, the output.pdf has the same problem.
Here is the full validation report:
output.pdf_report.zip (13.2 KB)

@Therefore_Developer

We’re investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-4151. You’ll be notified as there’s any update.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-4151) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov