I'm with difficulties integrating GroupDocs.Annotation with JavaServer Faces. I'm doing it with help of the source-code of GroupDocs.Annotation for Java Web sample project
. I decided to use it, besides my project have Spring framework and Maven, because I don't use Spring MVC and don't want to add another framework in my project.
So, I'm using Maven project with some Servlets to integrate GroupDocs.Annotations with my project.
What I've changed from the original Java Web sample project:
- The main package of the servlets and another files; so, on web.xml the servlet, servlet-mappings and AmosphereServlet configuration (Jersey base package) were changed
- Renamed application.properties to group-docs.properties
- I'm using a XHTML to render the viewer, not a JSP
- All library dependencies comes from Maven integration (pom.xml)
- The base AnnotationServlet (base of all servlets) were modified to be a service (but it is initialized with class instantiation, not a Spring servce)
- I'm not using IndexServlet to go to initial page. Instead, I'm changing the URL to http://localhost:8080/docflow/xhtml/docflow/visualizador/exemploGroupDocs.jsf, wich points to my exemploGroupDocs.xhtml file
- From my XHTML file, I call a JSF managed bean which instantiates AnnotationServlet and returns the Annotation Script and Header script.
- I'm getting com.groupdocs.annotation.exception.AnnotationException (with null cause) when trying to render a PDF for the first time.
My environment is:
- GroupDocs.Annotation 1.9.0
- Java JDK 1.7.0_45
- MS Windows 8.1
- JBoss AS 7.1.0
I'm attaching some files to give some information about how I coded it.