Problem running GroupDocs.Annotation 3.1.0 due to license issue

Hi,

I downloaded the GroupDocs.Annotation 3.1.0 java sample code from the github repository. Tried running it but it says that the GroupDocs.Total.Java.lic file is missing. I didn’t get any license file with the zip file i downloaded from the github as well as the annotation api.

It was written that a temporary free license can be obtained .Can you guide me with the steps.

As well i get the below error on executing the servlet code given in github repo for the annotation api.I commented out the license function part and executed it.

Error: class com.groupdocs.annotation.internal.c.a.pd.e.d.a.aM: At most 4 elements (for any collection) can be viewed in evaluation mode.

Please help for the same.

Thanks,
Manpreet Bedi

I would also need assistence on the same topic. I have the same error, When I don’t change anything in the project.properties file I get a FileNotFound exception, when I comment out the license property I get an error as well. I also tried using an old temporary license which we used for evaluting the last version with the same result.

I tried to get a temporary license. When I click on “Get Quote or Temporary Licence” on the page Pricing - Purchase - groupdocs.com I cannot choose any GroupDocs product only aspose.

Hello Manpreet,
Thank you for showing your interests in GroupDocs.Annotation for Java and posting your query.

Let me answer your questions one by one

It was written that a temporary free license can be obtained .Can you guide me with the steps.

We recommend you to create a thread in GroupDocs.Purchase forum for the questions about license and purchase as concerned team will assist you more precisely there.

As well i get the below error on executing the servlet code given in github repo for the annotation api.I commented out the license function part and executed it.

You need to provide a license file in order to run the application.

Best Wishes.

I found the wizard for requesting the temporary license via Contact Us Page

Purchase Portal

You can get your lincense from there.

The candy.pdf is now displayed properly but I Cannot delete any made annotations. I get a NumberFormatException in DeleteAnnotationServlet:30.

Hi,

Thanks martin, that helped me obtain a temporary license.But still the same issue remains, as after including the license.When i try executing the code, the code shows error as :

Could not initialize class com.groupdocs.ui.Utils

I found out its due to the loadLicense function being called in the static block. When i comment out the code in static block ,it runs fine.But then i need to include it as i won’t be able to proceed further without loading the license.

So, please provide a solution for this.

Regards,
Manpreet Bedi

Hello Martin,

Thank you for taking interest in GroupDocs.Annotation for Java and posting your query.

Kindly create a new thread in the forum and post your query, we will assist you there.

Best Wishes.

Hello Manpreet,

We are sorry at the moment but we are unable to reproduce your issue at our end.

Please check if you run the project according to the steps mentioned in README.md file.

Manpreet, Marting, please remind that GroupDocs.Annotation for Java is a backend API and it facilitate developers to integrate the API with their own project or UI, which means front-end is not mandatory to use in your own project.

Regarding front-end project/UI examples, these has been developed by our example development team and the purpose of these projects is to give our customers an idea about the functionalities provided in our API, also all of our showcase projects are open source and published at GitHub which means developers can freely use the whole project or part of it in their applications. We also welcome the merge requests (at GitHub) by the developers who wants to contribute in our open source projects.

Since this forum has been created to assist the users having problems related GroupDocs.Annotation API, we are moving your thread into GitHub’s internal issue tracking system as all of the front-end related issues discuss and assist there.

I hope this clears things up.

Best Wishes.