Problem using viewer with iis classic mode

Hi, I have reported this problem to Denis via chat.

Using the demo project for asp.net, downloaded from your site, and setting the application pool of the site in classic mode, the viewer doesn’t run. It returns some javascript error and present a blank page. I have replicated this behaviour in Chrome, IE8 and IE10.
Denis told me that he replicate the problem, too.
I can’t use the integrated mode, because I have to integrate the viewer into an old web site (in asp.net) that uses classic mode.

Hello Gianluca,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue. We’ve reproduced and successfully solved your issue. Here is an instruction.

1. First of all you need to make sure that ASP.NET 4.0 is successfully installed for the IIS. Please perform the next command in the Command Prompt (cmd.exe):
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
If you are using 64-bit operating system, please also perform the next command:
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

2. You should have the next content in the “system.webServer” section in your web.config:

<system.webServer>

</system.webServer>

Of course, all basic HTTP-handlers still should be present in the “system.web → httpHandlers”.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

Hi guys, I have tried your solution, but I still have the same problem. I attach my application pool configuration and the errors that I get.

Here instead my web.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<system.web>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

</system.webServer>

Hello Gianluca,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue. Please try to add the next HTTP-handler descriptions to the “configuration -> system.webServer -> handlers” section of the web.config file:

Please come back to us and tell, what result you’ve obtained.

Thanks and waiting for your reply.