Reading EXIF from JPEG stopped working w/ C# .Net 6

Several months ago I used GroupsDocs MetaData on both Windows and Linux (ARM64) to read some EXIF (gps mostly) from a JPEG picture taken by ANAFI drone. I have the log of a “Passing” UnitTest, etc. But, when I re-visited this functionality with the same picture the (meta.Data.GetRootPackage as iExif) is returning null. The only thing that might different was the switch from .Net 5 to .Net 6 (don’t recall exactly when it happened) … or maybe an upgrade to version of .Net 6. The fileformat says “unknown”, but not sure why. The license is loaded and appears to be valid and un-expired. The image displays fine and has EXIF geotag data via other programs that can read it.

GroupDocs version 21.8

@jkirk865

We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is METADATANET-3967.

@jkirk865

.NET 6 support will be added in API version 22.8. As the release is available for download, we’ll notify you.

That’s great news, I was afraid it was something I was doing or had changed…

1 Like

@jkirk865

We’ll notify you in case of any further progress.

Any update on this? I just got notification that I need to purchase another year’s subscription.

@jkirk865

This issue will be fixed in API version 22.8. As release gets on-board, we’ll notify you.

Is there an update on this issue or a Beta I can try out? My project really needs this to work and I will be forced to go another route if I can’t get this soon.

1 Like

@jkirk865

Please download the latest version, let us know if issue you face any issue.

It’s still not working, but two other libraries are on the same file. It continues to not recognize the image is a JPEG file, if that helps… the Metadata says FileFormat unknown.

@jkirk865

Sorry for the inconvenience.
This issue is fixed in GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET 22.8. And the new version is going to be released soon. We’ll notify you as there’s any update available.

@jkirk865

Meanwhile, please try GroupDocs.Total. Metadata component in GroupDocs.Total supports .NET 6.

Ok, I installed that and it worked, so that’s great… It pulled in a lot of dependencies though that I’ll have to go through and look at. Hopefully just the GroupDocs.Metadata will be available soon.

1 Like

@jkirk865

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. However, we’ll notify you as the release is available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as METADATANET-3967) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Atir_Tahir