Reading XMP Properties does not work in C#

image.png (138.9 KB)

Hi here,

Pls see the screen shot, I follow the sample code to read XMP properties: Working with XMP metadata | Documentation

But root.XmpPackage always return null. Why? Hope to get your help, many thanks.

Best regards
Zhihai

1 Like

I just want to get DublinCore, XMP and XMPRights of asset file, how to get it? Many thanks.

1 Like

And this online metadata editor does not work.

image.png (24.3 KB)

@zhihai.feng

Could you please share the problematic file? We’ll then look into this scenario.

G318-1.jpg (321.0 KB)
Hi @Atir_Tahir, this is my test file. I can not get anything from it.

TestDoc.docx (12.1 KB)
this file also can not get any thing.

Can we have a quick call? like zoom meeting. I’m in Beijing time zone( + 8).
my email: zhihai.feng@nttdata.com

image.png (6.9 KB)
we just need to get above information from asset file. We need give our customer feedback if GROUPDOC meet their requirement. Hope to get your help asap.

1 Like

@zhihai.feng

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID METADATANET-3935. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

@Atir_Tahir

Thank you so much for your reply. Btw, when do you think you can fix the issue according to your experience? Thanks

We need to get XMP properties via following objects:

• root.XmpPackage.Schemes.XmpBasic
  • root.XmpPackage.Schemes.DublinCore
  • root.XmpPackage.Schemes.XmpRightsManagement
  • root.XmpPackage.Schemes.XmpMediaManagement
1 Like

@zhihai.feng

We have started the investigation. You’ll be notified about the ETA of fix.

@zhihai.feng

On further investigation, we noticed that the image file you shared doesn’t has XMP data at all. There is no segment with XMP data in your JPG file.
Metadata API opens and displays the available metadata in the DOCX file (that you shared). Attached is an example of the JPG file containing XMP metadata - 01.jpg (490 Bytes)

image.png (117.8 KB)

@Atir_Tahir I just tested with the image your provided to me. I still can not get anything from it. Pls see the attached screen shot. Hope to get your help, many thanks.

Regards
Zhihai

@zhihai.feng

Could you please share the API version that you are using (e.g. 21.1, 20.10). Also please share the sample application and we’ll look into this issue.

Program.7z (1.5 KB)
@Atir_Tahir the API version is 21.8.0, attached 7z file is the sample application.
image.png (18.8 KB)

We are getting this output - screenshot.jpg (39.3 KB) using the code you shared. Do you mean the property (Xmp) value is null?

Hi @Atir_Tahir,

Yes, not only the property(XMP) value is null, but metadata.FileFormat also is Unknow, so I can not get anything I listed below:

1 Like

@zhihai.feng

Are you working on .NET6? Please note that .NET6 is not yet supported by the API. You can use .NET5 or below. We are getting following output from this code:

test format
test coverage

Yes, I was working on .NET6. Below is the result I use .NET5

image.png (41.7 KB)

Btw, could you send me two or three files that includes below information, I’ll do more test and will let you know the result. Many thanks.