Receiving Aspose.Pdf.InvalidValueFormatException

Receiving exception Aspose.Pdf.InvalidValueFormatException: Date has invalid format: “1/14/2019 11:28:01”. Can you explain what the format should be? The listed one seems to be a reasonable format.

This is with version 18.11.0.0

I have the offending source PDF file that is being fed into the conversion routine. The routine is “generic” in the sense that it doesn’t particularly care what the input format is, so it ends up importing PDFs as well. How do I upload this file for it to be viewed by Support?

I was able to find the offending metadata tag in the PDF using Acrobat. When I removed the pdfCreatedDate tag it would convert successfully.

image.png (3.9 KB)

@robin.bayer,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Conversion and posting your concerns.
Can you please share the sample code and problematic PDF with us?

You can simply upload the file by pressing upload icon. Or compress the PDF to zip format and then upload.

Is it possible that being new to the forum I don’t yet have that permission? I cannot find an upload icon available to me.

@robin.bayer,

We can see that you uploaded a image (image.png). In the same way you can upload a PDF file. See this screenshot for better clarification - download icon.JPG (3.1 KB)

KJKW792.pdf (60.5 KB)

Gotcha - I actually just pasted the picture in the initial edit window (which apparently worked). Now I see the upload icon in the response. Thanks for the patience learning the new forum. The offending document is referenced above.

@robin.bayer,

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, it has been logged in our internal issue tracing system with ID : CONVERSIONNET-2876 . We are investigating it and you’ll be notified as we have any further update.

@robin.bayer,

We have an update on ID : CONVERSIONNET-2876. This issue will be resolved in upcoming release of the API. As release gets on-board, you shall be notified.

@robin.bayer,

Your reported issue CONVERSIONNET-2876 is now resolved in version 19.1. Please download and integrate latest release of the API and share your feedback.

Atir,

I integrated v19.1 into the product and it did indeed resolve the issue with the previous PDF that was causing problems. Thank you very much for your help on this.

Robin

1 Like

@robin.bayer,

You’re welcome.