Regarding GroupDocs Java Document Viewer

Hello,

We are looking for a web document reader which can at least support following formats - doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pdf, txt, xlsx, xls, rtf, odp. We came across with your GroupDocs Viewer product & liked it as it is full-filing all our current needs. So we searched for some documentations regarding integration.

Our requirements:
We have Java based web application, so would like to have some API which is Java compatible & can easily integrate.
We can’t able to share our documents with any other server as documents may contains some confidential information. So API should work on our servers only.

Could you please suggest your product can fulfill our requirements?

@Sarthak,

You would be delighted to know that GroupDocs.Viewer for Java meets both of your requirements and it supports all the document formats that you have mentioned.

GroupDocs.Viewer for Java is compatible with the web, desktop and the other Java SE or EE based applications and you can easily integrate it into your Java-based web application (see installation guide).

The API doesn’t require you to upload or keep the documents to any other server. You are free to keep your documents where you want to.

In case you would have any other question or query, feel free to let us know.

Thanks for your Concern.

I just want to know we have to purchase the license for the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java?
and how can i integrate it into my project.

@Sarthak,

In case you want to evaluate the API’s features before buying it, you can get a temporary license (a full license valid for 30 days). For purchasing the API, please visit here.

To integrate GroupDocs.Viewer for Java into your project, just add the API’s JAR file as an external library or add its dependency in pom.xml for the Maven-based applications.

Let me give you a quick overview of how you can use the API in your application. GroupDocs.Viewer for Java allows you to render the document pages in the form that can easily be integrated/displayed in your front end application. The API provides two ways to render the document:

• HTML based rendering: In HTML based rendering, the API generates the HTML representation of each page of the source document. You can easily manipulate the HTML content of each page and save it as an HTML file. For details, visit this documentation article.
  • Image-based rendering: In image-based rendering, the API converts each page of the document into an image (PNG, JPEG or BMP). You can easily save the image and display it in your application to view the content of the document. For details, visit this documentation article.

The following resources would also be helpful for you to get started with GroupDocs.Viewer for Java:

Hey!
From where we can get the temporary License if i have to test it to on my Project?

1 Like

@Sarthak,

You can get a temporary license by following the steps given on this page.

Hey!

Thanks for your support. We check the links you provided to us. We ran the java example. It looks good but need to know how to integrate your doc viewer UI in our spring project. Java code don’t have any UI part in it. Could you provide any documentation regarding how can we use GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-Spring with our project.

@Sarthak,

GroupDocs.Viewer is a back-end API and it doesn’t contain any built-in UI control for viewing the documents. Therefore, either you can create your own front end for displaying the rendered document pages or, in case you don’t want to develop the front end from scratch, you can use our following open-source document viewer application which is based on GroupDocs.Viewer for Java:

Hey,

I just want to clarify these things before buying your subscription:

1. If we buy your license what kind of support will get from your side, can we get integration support? My project is basically based on Java - Spring web in which I have to integrate your GroupDocs Viewer.

2. Our UI is designed in JSP so can we easily integrate your code in our project, and if we want to use your UI which you mentioned GroupDocs.Viewer for Java - Spring so can you please provide any support on how to integrate it in our project.

3. If in future we get some problems (Eg. - some files are not rendering properly or your library generates some random errors) will you provide us support in rectifying these issues?

@Sarthak,

Yes, we offer our Free Support to address any technical issues you may face while using our APIs regardless of whether you have bought it or not. We try our best to resolve your issues and concerns and provide you with the best possible solutions. For more details, please see our Free Support Policies. In addition, if you feel that Free Support doesn’t meet your requirements, you can avail our Paid Support.

We have created a separate issue for this in the GitHub repository as Integration with the JSP based application · Issue #36 · groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-Spring · GitHub. Please keep track of it for further details regarding the integration of the front end.

Definitely, we always work closely with the customers in resolving their issues. In case you find any issue in the API regarding the incorrect rendering or any exception, feel free to let us know and we shall surely fix that for you.

@Sarthak,

Please have a look at this comment for the integration of the viewer’s UI into your application.

Hey!
After taking the latest pull since having the conversation with you regarding the changes in JSP,
from the link:

I am unable to build the project successfully, facing the following error:

Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.6:npm (build client) on project viewer-spring: Failed to run task: ‘npm run --prefix client build’ failed. org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1) → [Help 1]

kindly fix this

@Sarthak,

This is a known issue and it has already been logged as Issue #37 for further investigation. We are currently looking into it and shall notify you as soon as it is fixed.

@Sarthak,

The issue you have faced earlier, logged as Issue #37, has been fixed. Please download the latest release of the application from GitHub repository.