Remove personal data from Excel 2013 .XLS file in .NET

When we try to remove the personal data of of a .xls file created using excel 2013, the metadata cannot be removed.
Here is the xls file

@Glority_Developer

Thank you for using GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET and pointing out the issue to us.

We have investigated the issue and there seems to be a problem with the file you have created. The format of the file though being Xls is not supported by the API, try saving the file again, this time as “Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls)”. This will hopefully solve your issue. Let us know in case the issue still persists.

Here is the link to the file I saved again to Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet format and this file works fine with the data being properly removed upon using the API.

I think this doesn’t make sense. Becuase we tried other 2013 files. Their metadata can be removed. So this test file should also support to be removed.

@Glority_Developer

We apologize for the inconvenience.
The API is unable to clean the metadata because the version of the file you have provided is relatively old. The format of the file is Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook (see this) which is actually the Excel 5.0/95 Binary file format (BIFF5). However, we are checking if there is any workaround to deal with this format. In case of any updates, we’ll notify you here. We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know the minimum version supported by Aspose for other file types: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, tif, psd, doc, ppt, pdf?

@Glority_Developer,

Thanks for your response. We apologize that, currently, we are unable to provide your requested information. However, please spare us some time to check if we can help you out in this matter. We appreciate your cooperation in this regards.

Thanks.

Today, we also find that if we try to save .pptx files as “Strict Open XML Presentation” format, the API doesn’t support removing the metadata of this file. Please also have a look into it.

@Glority_Developer,

Thanks for your response. Currently, the following PowerPoint presentation documents are supported by GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET API.

• .PPT
  • .PPTX
  • .POT
  • .POTX

To see the complete list of supported document formats, please visit this documentation article.

We are able to reproduce this issue and have logged it in our internal Issue Tracking System as METADATANET-1045. We shall keep you notified in case of any updates.

Thanks. I know the file formats.

What I want to know is the “minimum” version supported by Aspose for other file types.

Or you can also tell me what kind of documents you do not support. Like .xls of Excel 5.0/95 Binary file format (BIFF5), .pptx of “Strict Open XML Presentation” format. So we can add these information to the eg Q&A for customers.

@Glority_Developer,

Thanks for your response. We are working to gather the information about the minimum versions of the file formats supported by the API. As soon as we have an update, we’ll notify you here. We appreciate your cooperation in this regards.

@Glority_Developer,

Thanks for your patience. Please visit this documentation atricle to see the versions of the file formats that are supported by GroupDocs.Metadata for .NET.

@Glority_Developer,

The issue you have found earlier (logged as METADATANET-1045) has been fixed in this release.