Render document from stream in C# Windows From application

Hello,

Where can I find an example of a Win Forms project using GroupDocs.Viewer product? We are trying to integrate this package with an existing Win Forms application but are having trouble making stream based objects view properly.

We are successfully creating the objects from the stream from the web service but the viewer only seems to work when we save it back as a file. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

@dkhileman,

GroupDocs.Viewer also supports rendering document directly from the stream objects and you won’t have to save the stream as a physical file before rendering. Just pass the stream object to the API and it will render the document as HTML pages or images. For code sample, please visit this documentation article.

You can download this sample Windows Forms application that demonstrates how you can render and view the document using the stream object without saving as file. The application displays the rendered HTML content without saving it as HTML file. The source document is located in bin/debug/storage folder. Hope it helps.

I would love access to the sample WinForms application you created that demonstrates how you can render and view an HTML document using the stream object without saving as file. Can you provide that to me?

@DeckerWuzHere,

You can download the sample WinForms document viewer application from here.

I would also be interested in the sample application

@ramomJr

You can explore this application. The core feature of the API is to render a source document to PDF, Image or HTML formats (depends on your use-case). Once the output is generated, you have to develop a logic to get the output or the rendered files from the output directory/folder and display in the application (Web/browser or Window Forms).

1 Like

I tried to download a copy of the forms example but its saying I dont have access. I am also trying to integrate your viewer into an existing .net winforms application.

Hi @brianphilips
Seems this link is outdated, we working on that. I will respond to you soon.

@brianphilips

Please try downloading the missing WinForm_Viewer.zip (320.0 KB) file. This is a simple application that converts the file to HTML and displays it with WebBrowser component. The app is using legacy Viewer API. What version of GroupDocs.Viewer you’re planning to use?

Its still showing private and only available to staff members.

Brian

@brianphilips

Please try downloading it from here.

Thanks I got it this time. Is there a version for the latest Viewer library?

@brianphilips

Please try downloading the same app that uses GroupDocs.Viewer 21.2.

Hi @brianphilips

Yes, we have a version for the latest Viewer library:
Download it here and watch the demo with password-protected file: