Rendering Archive to PDF does not show certain characters in .NET

Hi,

When rendering the attached ZIP archive to HTML, certain characters are just shown as squares.
archive-2B.zip (839 Bytes)

The output differs from machine to machine, but it was never completely working on any that we tried.
Sample outputs:
archive 67.pdf (44.8 KB)
archive local.pdf (39.4 KB)

When opening the archive in windows explorer, everything is displayed fine, so the characters should not be missing from the OS.
Could you please advise how we can make sure all characters are properly rendered?
Once the PDF is created, it does not seem to matter which machine opens it for displaying. Characters that were missing when rendering, were also missing from the PDF.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

This issue is reproduced at our end. We are now further investigating it, your investigation ticket ID is VIEWERNET-2466. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

Hi, I’ve seen the issue is marked as resolved, but at least in 20.5 I am still having this problem.
Can I please get an update on the outcome?
This issue unfortunately also leads to a followup problem when another toolkit is used to convert the output PDF to PDF/A.

@Clemens_Pestuka

This issue is resolved in API version 20.6 that is expected by the end of this month. Have a look at the - output.zip (48.4 KB) generated using version 20.6. Please note that ArialUnicodeMS should be installed to render the characters properly. In case you have MS Office 2013 installed on your machine this font should be already installed too. However, it is not shipped with later versions of MS Office. As v20.6 gets on-board, we’ll notify you.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Your reported issue VIEWERNET-2466 is now fixed in API version 20.6.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

I can confirm this problem is fixed with 20.6.1 :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you for the fix, as well as the additional information regarding the Unicode font.
On my system it was working fine with and without the font being installed, but it’s good to know that this will help on other systems :+1:

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Glad to know that your issue is now fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like