RTF conversion/format issue

Hi All, I have a test rtf file that seems to convert incorrectly with Aspose…but when I load the rtf file into word and resave it, Aspose converts it correctly. I’m trying to figure out if the RFT is incorrectly constructed or if there’s an issue with how Aspose is loading and converting it. Can someone please assist?test_rtf.zip (24.0 KB)

I also used GroupDocs Viewer with the same results…test.rtf does not display correctly, but resaved.rtf (loaded into word and resaved as an rtf) is loaded properly and displayed.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

@plin

I’ve checked the file and it seems to be a valid RTF. Also, I’ve tried to render it with GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 23.6 and this sample-app-rtf.zip (78.0 KB) and it worked well.
Can you please share the sample app so we could reproduce the issue?

Thank you for your response - sorry it has taken a few days for me to back to this… I would like to clarify - the issue is not the test.rtf is valid or not - it is that the GroupDocs.Viewer is somehow leaving out content when rendering it. I’ve included a couple of screenshots which I hope will demonstrate the difference.

Here is a screenshot of the sample app’s output html file: RenderedByGroupdocsViewer.jpg (136.3 KB)

This is a screenshot of Word displaying the same test.rtf file: DisplayedByWord.jpg (76.9 KB)

On the image showing the Word rendering, I’ve outlined the missing content. I can certainly create a sample app using our code…but I think the default sample app is fine because it is generating the same result.

Thanks again for taking a look.

@plin

Thank you for adding the screenshots. I haven’t compared the contents so have missed this issue. This issue is logged in our internal bug tracker with ID VIEWERNET-4418. As soon as we have a fix we’ll let you know.

Thank you for entering the bug.

@plin

You’re welcome!

Hello, I was wondering how I could check on the status of this bug? Or can you get a status update? Thanks!

@plin

We have completed the investigation and found the issue. As soon as I have any estimation when the issue will be fixed I’ll update you here.

Thank you very much for looking into it.

@plin

You’re welcome! The issue has been scheduled for resolution. It is likely that the fix will be included in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 23.11 - November release.

That’s great…I will look forward to that release. Thanks!

@plin

Sure, when the release will be available we’ll notify you here.

Hello, I’m circling back to this issue to see if there are any updates. I noticed that this issue has been closed…is there a resolution? If so, can you please tell me how I could get it? Thanks!

@plin

For some reason, you weren’t notified when the version with the fix was published. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

This issue was fixed in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 23.12. The version is available at Nuget and GroupDocs Releases.

Thank you - I will download it.

@plin

You’re welcome!