RTF to TIFF conversion time .NET

Hi All,

The program I am using currently to evaluate Groupdocs is taking me around 11 seconds to convert each RTF to TIFF file. May I know if 11 seconds is the normal time that Groupdocs take for such conversion? We have a huge amount of files to convert (around a million files) and the time taken for each conversion is therefore significant in our evaluation of the product.

This is slightly on the slower end compared to another product that I am evaluating, which takes less than 1 second (~500 milliseconds) to convert each file.

I got the conversion method from the Groupdocs website and is as follows:

public static void Run()
{
string outputFolder = @“D:\Program Files\VS Community\Projects\GD\ConsoleApp1\Output”;
string outputFileTemplate = Path.Combine(outputFolder, “Images example_GroupDocs3 (adjusted).tiff”);

using (Converter converter = new Converter(@"D:\Program Files\VS Community\Projects\GD\ConsoleApp1\Input\Images example.rtf"))
        {
            ImageConvertOptions options = new ImageConvertOptions
            {
                Format = ImageFileType.Tiff,
                HorizontalResolution = 300, VerticalResolution = 300
            };

converter.Convert(outputFileTemplate, options);
        }

Console.WriteLine("\nConversion to jpg completed successfully. \nCheck output in {0}", outputFolder);
    }

Hope you could advise me on this. Thanks!

@quekwk

Please note that the conversion process also depends on document content. Can you please share one of the sample RTF files. We’ll then look into this scenario.

aNumberedList example - Groupdocs.zip (12.0 KB)

Hi @atirtahir3

thanks for your reply. I have uploaded a sample file here for your reference. Do let me know if you are able to view. Thanks!

1 Like

@quekwk

We converted the provided RTF file to TIFF (using a valid license) and it took 6-7 seconds. However, if we don’t apply license API takes almost 11 seconds. If you don’t have a valid license, you can request a temporary license for the complete API evaluation here. Follow the purchase Wizard.zip (152.9 KB) and on step 5 you can avail a temporary license.