Saving email attachment using Viewer API shows evaluation tag in .NET

Hi,

I just ran into a problem where evaluation text was added to my .eml email attachment when using the Viewer’s SaveAttachment function.
We are using the GroupDocs total license which includes Apsose.Email as far as I know.
Using the Viewer for other tasks works fine and ot evaluation text is added.

This code was used with GroupDocs.Viewer 20.4.0 to save the attachment:

FileStream attachmentStream = new FileStream(@"C:\savedAttachment.eml", FileMode.CreateNew);

using (Viewer viewer = new Viewer(@"C:\Email with another email as attachment.msg"))
            viewer.SaveAttachment(viewer.GetAttachments().First(), attachmentStream);

I included the saved attachment as well as the original file.
Email with another email as attachment.zip (25.0 KB)
Thank you in advance for checking this issue. Please let me know if further information is required.

@Clemens_Pestuka,

This is an evaluation copy of Aspose.Email for .NET

This is the evaluation message/tag you are getting in the output. Did you apply license for Aspose.Email? Please note that GroupDocs license works only for GroupDocs APIs. The good thing is you can request a Conholdate.Total for .NET temporary license that single license works for both APIs. See license usage here.

@atirtahir3

Thanks for the reply.
No I did not apply license for Aspose.Email explicitly and I don’t see why I should?
GroupDocs.Viewer should do that for me, as I’m only using GroupDocs.Viewer and not Aspose.Email directly.
It works for Aspose.Word, Aspose.Cells, etc too, why should it be different for Aspose.Email?
I have a full Conholdate.Total license by the way.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

Can you please share a simple console application using that issue could be reproduced? We’ll appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

Sure, here is a small console app that saves the attachments from two sample emails.
Both files are in the debug folder. The license file also needs to be placed there.

Like commented in code, saving the attachment works fine in case of a Word file, but not for an Email file (eval. text is added).
GroupDocs.Viewer_problem_with_Aspose.Email.zip (77.1 KB)

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

We are investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is VIEWERNET-2430. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

Hi, may I ask what the status “Postponed” means exactly?
Is it postponed for a longer time? Or until the next release?

@Clemens_Pestuka

This ticket is still under investigation. Actually it is dependent on resolution of another back-end issue. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

VIEWERNET-2430 is now resolved in the hot-fix 20.6.1.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

I can confirm that the issue has been resolved with version 20.6.1.
Thank you!

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

You’re welcome.