Signature Prepare Disable Field Snapping

Hi Team

I am using the “Groupdocs-signature-prepare” to setup a document. (.NET SDK)

When dragging and dropping fields, the fields seem to “snap” to a position rather than dropping exactly where I release the mouse.

Basically when I let go of the mouse click to drop the field, it moves down or slightly away from the position where I dropped it. This is making it very difficult for a user to precisely place a signature box.

Is there a way to disable this? I assume it is part of the Javascript component.

I Look forward to your reply.
Hello Sam,

Thank you for your posting.

As we understand you use our sample for GroupDocs.Signature for .NET "MVCPrepareFieldsFluet" and you got the issue with it, is it right?

We tried to reproduce your issue on our side with this product, but at this moment we can't reproduce it. Maybe you can record a video of this issue, so we will able to see and best understand the issue.

Also will be useful if you could share with us your file, if you use other file , not that stored in the our sample and if the issue if file specific.

Please come back with your details and we will glad to help you.

Best regards
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

I tried out the PrepareFieldsFluent Sample and it doesn't seem to be occurring in your sample. So I'm not sure why it would start occurring in my code.

Screencast of the problem:

http://www.screencast.com/t/ykC5MPh2A

I can't send the files to reproduce this issue at this point. Please take a look at the video and see if there is any issue's I am unaware of.

This is only occurring on the first page of the document.

Another screen cast with 1st page snapping and 2nd page not:

http://www.screencast.com/t/v9zIe1XNwe2w

Thanks

Sam

Hello Sam,

Thank you for the screen casts. Sorry but from your screen casts we can’t get enough information to be able to reproduce the issue but we can see that you use custom pdf document for testing and this pdf is already signed. Since that could you please confirm next:
1. Do you use same sample as we do - this one ?
2. Do you made any modifications to the sample?
3. Do you have this issue if you use default document and sample?
4. Software that you use - browser, .NET version etc.

If you made any modifications we really need them and if you have the issue only with your documents we need them too.

Also will be very helpful if you will provide step by step guide of what you do and how to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

1. Do you use same sample as we do - this one ?
Yes I tried this sample. It works as expected with no snapping.
2. Do you made any modifications to the sample?
Yes, I tried my custom pdf document in the sample. It works as expected with no snapping.
3. Do you have this issue if you use default document and sample?
No.
4. Software that you use - browser, .NET version etc.

Chrome version: 42.0.2311.135 m
.NET 4.5
groupdocs-signature-dotnet.1.8.0 (full version: 1.8.5504.34122)

We embed the signing view in an IFrame on our website. It happens with any document when running on our website. The exact issue seems to be the "padding-top" property of the signature field changing once the mouse click is released.

Hi again,

Thank you for the additional information.

Please try with the latest version of the Signature library . If this will not help please share with us example of the project and document and we will be glad to fix it for you.

Thank you.