Smaller issues when converting certain PDF to HTML in .NET

We’re using GroupDocs Viewer 20.10.0 to convert the attached PDF to HTML for viewing.
There are two issues, highlighted on the attached screenshot (text rotation and grid lines).
Also the technical drawing gets rather blurry as soon as we zoom in.
Is there an option to specify a resolution for rasterization?
PDF of technical drawing.zip (710.1 KB)

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Can you please share the sample code as well? Because we don’t face this (text rotation) issue. Have a look at this screenshot.PNG.jpg (262.7 KB).

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir

Thank you for the reply, that’s really a surprise as I’m not doing anything special.

using (var viewer = new Viewer(@"D:\GroupDocs\K03.10011.1.1_REV2-genehmigt.pdf"))
        {
            var options = HtmlViewOptions.ForEmbeddedResources(@"D:\GroupDocs\output_{0}.html");
            viewer.View(options);
        }

output_1.zip (216.4 KB)
I also tried to view that file in a different browser, but that was not changing the outcome.

If you still cannot reproduce the issue like that, I can create a new sample project in VS to share.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We tried PDF to Image rendering earlier. However, we now have reproduced this issue in HTML and logged it with ID VIEWERNET-2904. You’ll be notified as there’s any update.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

To improve output quality, avoid blurry image and rotated text issues set the following options:

using (Viewer viewer = new Viewer("K03.10011.1.1_REV2-genehmigt (1).pdf"))
{
    HtmlViewOptions options = HtmlViewOptions.ForEmbeddedResources();
    options.PdfOptions.ImageQuality = ImageQuality.High; //default is ImageQuality.Low
    options.PdfOptions.DisableCharsGrouping = true; //default is false
    options.PdfOptions.EnableLayeredRendering = true; //default is false
    viewer.View(options);
}

This is how output.zip (668.3 KB) will look like. The issue with grid lines is still under investigation.

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir

Thank you! I can confirm that those options fix all of the reported issues, except for the grid lines in the drawing.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

You are welcome. We’ll notify you as there any update on Grid Lines issue.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

This issue with grid lines was fixed in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 24.1.
The version can be found at:

Have a nice day!

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Please note that GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 24.1.1 hot-fix version was published. The version can be found at:

Please use 24.1.1 instead of 24.1.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.