Split up Excel file into multiple pages in .NET

Is it possible to split up Excel files into multiple pages somehow?
I have attached the original document as well as a PDF conversion done by GroupDocs and by Excel for comparison.
Excel page layout.zip (571.5 KB)

Sheet 1 should be split up in separate pages:
Excel Grid Lines Sheet1.png (50.6 KB)
Sheet 2 should fill the whole page:
Excel Grid Lines Sheet2.png (15.3 KB)

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

Can you please further elaborate your use-case? Do you want to split Excel sheets and then convert them to PDF?

1 Like

@atirtahir3

Well basically I’d like to have a result similar to the pdf created by Excel.
The use-case / problem is that with very large sheets, it’s not really readable anymore if not split up into pages.
Conversion is of course not comparable to printing, so you could of course zoom in until it’s readable again, but it’s still a hassle we’d like to avoid if possible.
And since Excel provides page layout options where you can choose if a worksheet should be split up, or fit the whole page, it would be great if those options could be applied on conversion.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

Thanks for sharing your use-case. We are now investigating this. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-3732. As there is any further update, we’ll notify you.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

We’ve an update on CONVERSIONNET-3732. There is property OnePagePerSheet in SpreadSheetLoadOptions. By default it’s true. Set it to false to get more than one page per sheet.

@atirtahir3

Thank you for this info :slight_smile:
I tried it out and it’s not exactly like Excel, but for it’s for sure an improvement.
What positively surprised me that even with OnePagePerStream set to false,
the paye-layout settings in Excel to print everything on one page were not ignored :+1:

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

You are welcome :slight_smile: