Spring Demo not Converting

Hi, I’m using the Viewer and Editor Products, now I Downloaded Conversion project (Spring Demo) and Using a Conversion temporary license and a Total license configuring the yml file the Path Licenses the next message shows (Can not verify Conversion license):

image.png (99.2 KB)

the frontend project says that every thing is OK (But any HTML file was generated, the test was docx to hmtl):

image.png (16.2 KB)

My config is:

image.png (4.7 KB)

image.png (6.5 KB)

What should I do to get the project in my local environment Working?

Best Regards

2 Likes

@noemd

If you are using GroupDocs.Total for Java license, you don’t have to apply Conversion license separately. Total license will work with the Conversion API. Please use one license file and let us know if issue persists.
Or more specifically, could you please share how did you apply the license in the code?

What is the issue with the generated HTML file?

Hi Atir, thanks for answering, the way I used the License is this:

image.png (8.5 KB)

In the yml file I put that folder name (Licenses)

image.png (4.7 KB)

The Test that Im I´m trying to do is convert an DOCX file to a HTML, The frontend says that everything is OK, bun the file (HTML) is not generated.

image.png (16.2 KB)

Finally the message of the License, any other error is shown in the terminal.

image.png (99.2 KB)

1 Like

@noemd

Please specify license file path and name explicitly in configuration.yml as follows (this is an example, you have to set license path accordingly):

licensePath:D:\Licenses\GroupDocs.Conversion.Product.Family.lic

Let us know if issue persists.

1 Like

Hi, the issue persists (Spring project):

image.png (16.6 KB)

It says that everything is OK but it didn’t do the conversion:

image.png (86.5 KB)

My conversion folders are empty:

image.png (5.9 KB)

image.png (3.6 KB)

I tired with the examples projects and I’m having another issue (not the one with the license but one with the locale), with the viewer and the editor I managed setting the locale in the constructor and the main class, how should I do it here?

image.png (313.9 KB)

I generated another class and ran the method:

image.png (109.8 KB)

The main class of the examples project:

image.jpg (138.8 KB)

1 Like

@noemd

We are upgrading the application. Please keep track of this GitHub issue. You will be notified here as well in case of any update.

We are investigating how to set locale in GroupDocs.Conversion for Java API. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-1559.

Thanks a lot Atir

1 Like

@noemd

You are welcome.

@noemd

Please download or clone this updated Java Spring project.
git clone https://github.com/groupdocs-conversion/GroupDocs.Conversion-for-Java-Spring

Set license as mentioned earlier, have a look at this screenshot.png (14.3 KB)
and navigate to the project directory:
cd GroupDocs.Conversion-for-Java-Spring

Execute the project:
mvn clean spring-boot:run

Visit or access http://localhost:8080/conversion/ in Google Chrome or your favorite browser. All steps are further explained in these screenshots.zip (215.0 KB). Let us know if you still face any issue.

thanks Aytir for the update

1 Like

@noemd

You are welcome.

Hi again, if we purchased a Total license, and we use it in the conversion project, it should generate all the conversions without sending the messages:

image.png (15.6 KB)

we use the same license (total) in a Viewer and Editor and they don’t send the messages.

@noemd

Please share the sample application along-with the license file in a private message. We’ll then further investigate this scenario.

Hi I manage to solve the problem, is the configuration in my laptop (language) I made some changes with the locale in the Application class an the problem did not show again.

Thanks

1 Like

@noemd

Good to know that the issue is fixed.

In my case I have a Latin-American Spanish configuration (menus and keyboard), If I let something (keyboard or menus) in Spanish in my Windows (SO) the app doesn’t work properly but if I set the locale object in the main class (constructor) in English (I used USA like in the viewer and editor) The app Conversion takes the license and does the work without problems even if I have something in Spanish.

@noemd

In that case you may have to set the Locale. Let us know in case of any further issue.