Startxref not found - InvalidPdfFileFormatException

I get that exception trying to open a PDF file in a 64-bit application pool. That happens in Chrome and I.E 9.

I have sent you via email the original file.

Startxref not found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Aspose.Pdf.Exceptions.InvalidPdfFileFormatException: Startxref not found

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidPdfFileFormatException: Startxref not found]
Ž.Ž.ž‰() +2122
Ž.Ž…ctor(Stream , String , Boolean ) +1137
Ž…ctor(Stream ) +55
œ‹.—„.(Stream ) +64
Aspose.Pdf.Document.™„(Stream , String ) +170
…(Stream content) +366

[: Unable to open the document.]
Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.BaseHandler.OnException(Exception exception, HttpContext context) +850
Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.ViewDocumentHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +2565
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +913
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165

If I change the application pool to 32 bits, it works OK.

BTW, that happends with images files:

Cannot open an image. The image file format may be not supported at the moment.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Aspose.Imaging.Exceptions.ImageLoadException: Cannot open an image. The image file format may be not supported at the moment.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ImageLoadException: Cannot open an image. The image file format may be not supported at the moment.]
Aspose.Imaging.Image.(StreamContainer , LoadOptions ) +198

[ImageLoadException: Image loading failed.]
Aspose.Imaging.Image.(StreamContainer , LoadOptions ) +383
…(Stream content) +112

[: Unable to open the document.]
Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.BaseHandler.OnException(Exception exception, HttpContext context) +850
Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.ViewDocumentHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +2565
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +913
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165

The web.config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<system.web>
</system.web>
<system.codedom>
</system.codedom>
<system.webServer>
</system.webServer>

Hello Alexis,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue. In order to solve it, we need to know more info.

1. About “0_INFORMACION FINANCIERA_20141217_171518.pdf” document. We cannot reproduce this bug neither in the image-based nor in the HTML-based mode, in the 64-bit and 32-bit application pool. Please tell/give us:
1.1. Source code of the GroupDocs.Viewer widget.
1.2. In which mode the IIS application pool is working: is it classic or integrated mode?
1.3. Can you reproduce it in the GroupDocs.Viewer version 2.7.0 from here?

2. About images, which cannot be opened. Please tell us more about these images. Images of which type (format) have you used? This exception occurs only with specific types of images, or with all types?

Sorry for the inconvenience and waiting for your reply.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. We are trying to reproduce the issue, but we still can't reproduce it. Could you please specify which version of the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET do you use? Also could you please download and try this version of the GoupDocs.Viewer for .NET library (2.7.0) from here.

Please, come back to us with your details and we will be glad to help you.

Best regards
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Hello Denis, thanks for your reply.

Now it’s working OK with GroupDocs.Viewer version 2.7.0. I guess it was something about a wrong configuration in our side.

If this happens again, I will notify you.

Thank you.