Style changes broken?

As far as I can tel, style change detection is not working in v.2.3.0.

I replaced your default source/target files in the WebForms demo with my files and the result was no style changes detected.

Doing the same thing with v.2.1.1 seems to work just fine.

I’ve also done the same with my own code, invoking the service without the UI stuff and as expected, get the same results.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue. Thanks for providing the files for comparison. We’ve checked them and can confirm, that style detection is not working in the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET version 2.3.0.0, regardless of whether or not a “.EnableStyleChangesDetection()” method is specified in the widget.

Because style change detection is working well for the same files in the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET version 2.2.1.0, we consider this issue as a regression bug. Our developers will start to work on it.

We will notify you in this forum thread when the problem will be solved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

I’m wondering if you can give me an update on the progress of this?

As far as I can tell, the latest version (2.3.3) still does not have this addressed.

Thanks.
Hello,

Thanks for your posting and using GroupDocs.Comparison.

For your issue logged as DOCOMPARE-654 - we are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap. The issue is with 3d party library, so we may not fix it in short time, but we are doing out best to resolve it ASAP.

Please note that you can see the status of the task DOCOMPARE-654 in your first post in this thread. When this task will be resolved you will be able to see this, as the status will be updated automatically. Also when we release a new version of any our product - you will be notified by the email if you singed to any JIRA task that was resolved in this release. So when the issue will be resolved you will know about this immediately.

Thank you for your patience.