Style changes not detected

I’ve downloaded the demo solution, run the web forms demo with your default Tables.Source.docx & Tables.Target.docx files and it seems to work fine for text. I then modified those files to change just a font size & style, but those changes do not appear to be picked up. I also tried using my own documents with only style changes, but still did not get this working.

Is there some more configuration that is necessary to get style changes working?

Nevermind, I found it. Apparently you need to explicitly tell it you’re interested in style changes via the EnableStyleChangesDetection() method.

I found this by digging thru the assembly with object browser, not thru any documentation.

Can anyone tell me if I just missed this in the docs or is it really not there?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, you are right: “.EnableStyleChangesDetection()” method is responsible for detecting styles (their differences). This feature was recently added to the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET, and we did not updated the documentation yet. Thanks for pointing out on this issue, we will update the documentation soon.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.