Support MS Publisher (.pub) to PDF Conversion

Hello,

Can you add support for Microsoft Publisher (.pub) files to be converted to PDF? I notice your sister company Aspose support this, however we have already purchased and configured everything using GroupDocs so don’t want to move.

We are currently using v21.8 so are a few versions behind, however I can’t find any documentation or release notes to say this is supported.

Thanks

@rthomas95

We are investigating the possibility to add this file format (.pub) support in the API. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-5257. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

Hello,

Is there any update regarding this ticket?

Thanks

@rthomas95

We are planning add this format in API version 22.7. As there’s any further progress update, we’ll notify you.

1 Like

Any updates as to what version is likely to include this? Been through the release notes for 22.7 and 22.8 and can’t see any mention?

@rthomas95

Sorry for the inconvenience, the fix is postponed. However, we’ll notify you as there’s any further update.

Hello,

I can see that support for Publisher conversion was added in 22.11, thank you for this. Unfortunately, the results of the conversion are incredibly poor, certainly not the standard we have come to expect from GroupDocs which has been so good, so this is a little disappointing.

I have attached a sample file and output. Unfortunately, I had to use an unlicenced version as our licence expired in October, but we have no requirement to renew until this is resolved.

Please can you re-open this ticket and investigate.

PublisherConversion.zip (679.8 KB)

1 Like

@rthomas95

We are further investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-5644.

Please can I have an update on the progress of this ticket.

@rthomas95

This issue/ticket is still under investigation. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

It’s been 9 months, please could this be looked at with a matter of urgency. I need to renew our subscription to resolve some other issues but this is currently blocking that.

@rthomas95

Please be assured that we are actively working on resolving this ticket. We are focused on addressing the issue in either API version 23.10 or 23.11. As there’s any further update, we’ll notify you.

Hello,

Is there any update on this?

I have just updated to 24.1 and it appears the PublisherLoadOptions class has been removed? But this breaking change is not mentioned anywhere in the release notes?

Thanks

1 Like

@rthomas95

This ticket CONVERSIONNET-5644 is actually dependent on resolution of another internal ticket. As there’s any further progress, we’ll notify you.