System.OutOfMemoryException using document comparison API for .NET

I am trying to test the Comparison on a large document and I’m receiving a System.OutOfMemoryException error.

I am using version 17.5.0 of the Comparison DLL.

The document has about 900 pages and about 8.5 Megabytes.

Are there any document size limitations?

I have attached the target and source documents I’m trying to compare.

Hello,

Thank you for giving a try to GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API.

We have generated output of 2 Pages on your attached source and target page without any exception, please find the attached file. Kindly also note that , Yes there are some trial limitations are applicable without using License/Temp License. Please click here for more details. If you want to evaluate our API with using temporary license please click here to apply for temporary license.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,

Hello,

We have already applied for a 30-day temporary license and that was the license I was using when I received the Out of Memory Exception. Were you able to run the compare on the full document successfully?

Thanks,
Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for sharing details.

Yes, i am able to generate the output successfully from your provided files with applying license file. Please find the attached document for your reference. it took little while to generate the comparison output due to huge file size,content type, changes and also it depends upon available machine resources.

Warm Regards,

Can you tell me approximately how long it took to do the compare? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

Can you tell me how much RAM you have and how much would you suggest having to process this document?

Also, I didn’t see the Attached document referenced above in your last post.

Hi Kenny,

It took almost 10 minutes to compare the complete documents. I have 8GB RAM installed and i would suggest that more or higher resources are better for performance but still i am logging this performance issue on our issue tracking system for product team.

I am again attaching reference file in zip format.

Have great weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,

Hi There,

We got an update from product team regarding GroupDocs.Comparison
performance, issue is resolved with more than 60% performance
optimization and solution will be available in next release of
GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET v17.6.0 which will be released in the end
of this month.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Any word on when 17.6.0 will be released?

@croux

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are glad to inform you that GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API v17.6.0 is now on-board, Please click here to download the latest API. We also suggest you to click on “enable email subscription” button on product download page to get notifications for new releases.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

I have downloaded the latest DLL from the link above and I’m getting compile errors on the sample code that I download from GitHub - https://github.com/groupdocs/GroupDocs.Comparison-for-.NET.

Is there anything else that I need to do in order to test this new DLL?

I have attached an image of the errors I’m getting.

Here are a few of the Errors…
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0234 The type or namespace name ‘Words’ does not exist in the namespace ‘GroupDocs.Comparison’ (are you missing an assembly reference?) GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo F:\vs_Projects\GroupDocs_0705\Showcases\GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo\GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo\CompareLibrary\WordDcumentsComparision.cs 8 Active

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘IComparisonDocument’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo F:\vs_Projects\GroupDocs_0705\Showcases\GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo\GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo\CompareLibrary\WordDcumentsComparision.cs 24 Active

@kjohnstone

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issues. I have looked into your attached images and found that you are using old example code therefore you are facing these error. Kindly get a latest example code from Github and add reference of new GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API. If you still face issues please let us know.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

I downloaded the latest code from your Github link and added the reference to the latest DLL and still have the same problem. I cannot compile the sample code with the new DLL. Please advise. Thank you.

@kjohnstone

Thank you for coming back.

We are sorry to hear that you are still facing such issues. We have verified our example code and found it is working fine and it seems, you are getting this error due to conflict between Nuget Package reference and adding API reference manually. We have updated our example code for conflicts and i am also attaching example code with this thread.
Kindly give a try to the attached example code and let us know if still there are any problem you faced in compiling the example code.

Warm Regards,

Sorry - I should have been more specific as to which example I was trying to run. I’m trying to run this example: Showcases/GroupDocsComparisonMVCWebAPIDemo.

I tried removing the reference to the Nuget Package in the above demo, but it’s still not working.

Could you try the example under Showcase?

Thank you.

@kjohnstone

Thank you for sharing details.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Above mentioned showcase example only supports GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API version 17.3.0 or older. Kindly give a try to “GroupDocs.Comparison.Viewer” front-end example placed in Showcases folder or you can get more understanding by using UI-Less example “GroupDocs.Comparison.Examples.CSharp” placed in Examples folder. Kindly also note that there is no need of removing nuget package reference as it will download all dependencies and API from Nuget website. Just Build and run the solution. If you still face this issue, please feel free to contact us.

We shall be looking forward to hear from you.

Warm Regards.

I was able to compile and run the GroupDocs.Comparison.Viewer sample - I am using the sample word documents that came with the example (Source.docx and Target.docx) - but when I click on the Content Changes links - nothing happens - usually when you click on the link, it would take you to the location where the change was made.

Also, I tried to use my own sample documents for testing - but the Comparison did not detect any changes and I had made 4 edits. I’m including my test documents for your review.

@kjohnstone

Thank you for you inquiry.

We are glad to know that compilation issue is resolved. We have reproduced the scenario using front-end example, for changes link not working properly and i will forward this issue to the source code team for it solution and we will inform you once we have any update from source code team.

Regarding issue of comparison results, we have tested it with UI-Less example and found that it is working fine, comparison results file is attached with this thread.

Warm Regards,

@kjohnstone

We are glad to inform you that your raised issue of GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET front-end is resolved with latest API release. Please click here to get updated example code.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions regarding GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API please feel free to ask.