Text cannot be searched from a PDF in C#

Hi, i tried to search text inside the document.index creating properly but not found the text inside that.

issue coming only with this file.for other documents its working fine.

i have attached the document link can you please check and test it your side.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ashw7CN5fQm2j3AgBlI2J4KUNSAc?e=bqjYAI

is File size any limitation?

when having large files inside documentstorage folder,not searching keyword

@bharathiGK

This issue is reproduced at our end. We’ve logged it in our issue tracking system with ID SEARCHNET-2350 for further investigation and resolution. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

@bharathiGK

UseRawTextExtraction by default is enabled. Please set it to false in order to get rid of the issue.

IndexSettings settings = new IndexSettings();
settings.UseRawTextExtraction = false;
Index index = new Index(indexFolder,settings);

Secondly, we’d recommend you to always set UseRawTextExtraction to false. This improves extracted text formatting for some of the document (for example the document you shared).

OKay Thank you

In which version it is available.i’m using 20.1

i think 20.6 version have UseRawTextExtraction .
if i update search dll to 20.6 means,i’m getting some other dll license issue.
dll update issue.jpg (181.3 KB)

@bharathiGK

We’ll investigate this issue and share outcomes with you. Investigation ticket ID is SEARCHNET-2350.

@bharathiGK

Please follow the given steps in order to get rid of the issue (mentioned earlier):

1. Update all GroupDocs APIs (that you are using in the project) to the latest versions
  2. In all project (.csproj files), where APIs are connected, add the setting
    <AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>false</AutoGenerateBindingRedirects> (or change to false, if settings are already there)
  3. Delete the runtime section in the app.config file
  4. Delete obj/ and bin/ folders in the project directories
  5. Rebuild all projects

We prepared a sample application for you - SetLicenses.zip (5.4 KB). Please download and build it. Let us know if it resolves the issue.

Hi.I updated the Groupdocs API’s versions to latest version.(search is 20.6)

Step -2 and step -3 also i followed and did.

but i’m getting the following error.

License Issue.jpg (172.8 KB)

In my Application i have used the following API’s

Groupdocs.Viewer
Groupdocs.Signature
Groupdocs.Watermark
Groupdocs.converter
Groupdocs.merger
Groupdocs.Search
Groupdocs.Editor
Groupdocs.Annotation
Groupdocs.Redaction

apart from this aspose.words 20.4 is used

if i update to latest version means,i would like to know the dependencies of API’s regarding version.

@bharathiGK

Can you please share a simple console application using that we could reproduce the issue?

I’m not used in console application.in my web application(official) i have used.i can’t share that code.

@bharathiGK

We couldn’t reproduce such an exception. Have a look at this screenshot.PNG (47.0 KB). Please download this project, add missing DLL references and let us know if you can reproduce (share a screencast) the same exception.

@bharathiGK

Please download API version 20.8 and let us know if issue persists.