Text search problem

I was running ASP.NET_MVC_Front_end MvcSample to view your demo.docx in image mode and was trying to do text search. I searched text “border” first. Everything went well. Then I switched to search text “calibre”. Then I got this crash.

*Unhandled exception at line 10067, column 21 in *
http://localhost:56599/Scripts/GroupdocsViewer.all.js

I tried a few more text search tests. They were all OK in the first search and all failed in the second search using another text string.
I am using GroupDocs.viewer.dll v16.11.0.0.

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

We have tested your scenario at our end but could not reproduce the issue. The application is working without any issue each time we search for some word. Can you please provide us the screenshot of the exception you are getting? We shall be looking forward to your response.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Warm Regards
  1. There is no problem when running in HTML mode. It only happens in IMAGE mode.

2. There is no problem when searching the first text string. It only happens when search another text string.

Please see the attachment I made a few seconds ago.

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for providing the screenshot of the exception.

I have checked the text search feature in image based viewer with multiple search strings but unable to reproduce your reported issue. Can you please provide us the source code of the application you are using? This might help us to reproduce the issue. We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

I don’t know what kind of files you want. I am using the sample from you. That is ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End.

The only thing I changed is the index.cshtml file in the …views\home. I simply commented out all the html blocks.

Anyway, I created a .zip file from the directory ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End. However,

It has about 200MB. It is too big to send to you!

So the only thing I can do is to give you the index.cshtml file.

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked your provided index.cshtml file at our end and nothing is wrong with it. Can you please tell us the browser name and the version you are using?

Warm Regards

ie11

Please see the attachment

Hi Myuan,

Thank you for providing us the details.

Our team will investigate the issue. We’ll notify you about further updates.

Many Thanks.

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for providing the browser details.

We have tested the application in IE 11 with your provided index.cshtml script but search feature is working without any issue. Can you please try to run the application in some other browser such as Chrome or Firefox and share the results with us?

Warm Regards

So far, I only know how to run your ASP.NET_Front_End by F5 and I don’t know how to set this to run it in different explorer.

It failed when I copied the URL to IE or Chrome with error “the page could not be displayed” or “localhost refused to connect”.

Please let me know how to do it in Chrome.

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for your response.

Visual Studio provides the option to run the application in any of the installed browsers. You can either select any browser while starting debugging of the application or you can simply right click on index.cshtml file and select “Browse with” option. This will allow you to select any browser to run the application. For reference, I have also attached screenshots of both of the above mentioned methods. Hope it helps.

Warm Regards

Thank you for your info. I am able to run Google Chrom and have no problem in text search.

I still have problem with IE.

I think this is OK for us now.

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for your feedback.

Its good to know that your issue is resolved in Google Chrome. In the meanwhile, you can also try to update your IE and check if the issue is resolved it that or not.

Hope it helps.

Warm Regards

I will look at this issue later on.
I am new to the web application. So I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Which file is the one used to start the web page when I click F5 in the VS 2015? The url string is http://localhost:56599/
    Is the file: index.cshtml?
  2. What if I don’t want to start it from VS 2015? I just want to use IE or Chrome to start it? It sounds like I need to publish or deploy this web application. Any document from you or web page
    on the internet you think is the best for me to read?
    Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi Yuan,
I am writing inline answers of each of your questions.

1. Which file is the one used to start the web page when I click F5 in the VS 2015? The url string is http://localhost:56599/
    Is the file: index.cshtml?
    Yes, index.cshtml is the start page or the default page of the application. When the URL is http://localhost:56599/ then it means that default page (index.cshtml) is being loaded in the browser.
  2. What if I don’t want to start it from VS 2015? I just want to use IE or Chrome to start it? It sounds like I need to publish or deploy this web application. Any document from you or web page on the internet you think is the best for me to read?
    Yes, you will have to deploy your web application to IIS in order to run it directly from your browser. You can find a lot of useful articles on internet. One of the good articles is ASP.NET Web Deployment using Visual Studio: Deploying to Test | Microsoft Learn

In case of any other question, please feel free to let us know.
Warm Regards