Text signature using certificate

Hello,

I’m sorry if this question has been asked, I did try to search, but I couldn’t find anything.

Diving right in, i’m creating a prototype using GroupDocs to see if it’s going to suit our needs, and part of that is ensuring that we can digitally sign documents without the need for an actual signature.

Perhaps I’m mixing up the terms here, but here’s what I’m seeing:

PdfSignTextOptions(“John Doe”, 100, 100, 100, 100);

Is what I want, or rather need to use here. Simple text, no signature image.

I also see I can do something like this:

var collection = new SignatureOptionsCollection();
var signTextOptions = new PdfSignTextOptions(“John Doe”, 100, 100, 100, 100);
collection.Add(signTextOptions);
var signDigitalOptions = new PdfSignDigitalOptions(“acer.pfx”);
collection.Add(signDigitalOptions);

My question is will doing that actually digitally sign my document? Every digital signature example I see requires the usage of a signature image (All examples use sign.png)

So will adding that PdfSignDigitialOption(“acer.pfx”) to my SignatureOptionsCollection() actually ensure that my PdfSignTextOptions() gets added to the document, and the whole thing gets digitally signed?

Thanks!

@adamfowler,

Thank you for showing your interest in using GroupDocs.Signature API

Yes, you can use the text signature and then digitally sign the document. Have a look at the following link where you can see that we are using both the text and the image signatures while digitally signing the document. You can use only the text signature as per your requirement. Moreover, apart from the API documentation I would suggest you to download the sample github project and try to run the examples from there. This will help you in getting an idea about the working of the API.

Let us know in case you find something ambiguous. Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,