.tif file fails to convert to pdf

Hello,

In 23.9 the attached file fails to convert, saying it is corrupt. I’m pretty sure it always used to work. The image is a .tif file.

Also following my recent update to 23.9 I am getting a warning saying this method is obsolete and will be removed in 23.10. What is the recommended replacement for this bit of code?

converter.Convert(stream => new MemoryStream(), (stream, sourceFileName) =>
{
    stream.CopyTo(outputFile);
}, convertOptions);

record keeping.zip (242.1 KB)

1 Like

@rthomas95
This issue is reproduced at our end using .NET Core (works fine using .NET framework). We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6403

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Ah, yes that will be the difference. We have a .NET Framework and a .NET Core project, can’t believe I did not realise that. Thanks for the update.

Any feedback regarding updating this so it is no longer obsolete?

converter.Convert(stream => new MemoryStream(), (stream, sourceFileName) =>
{
}, convertOptions);
1 Like

@rthomas95

You are welcome.

We are investigating this scenario. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

@rthomas95

The parameters count and parameters order are changed in the new methods:

converter.Convert(stream => new MemoryStream(), (string sourceFileName, FileType targetFileType, Stream stream) =>
{
}, options);

The new parameters of the documentCompleted delegate will provide you more information.
The first parameter is the source file name. If the source is a stream this parameter contains a random file name but with the proper file extension. The second parameter is the target file type. The third parameter is the converted content.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-6403) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov