TIF to PDF conversion using Java

Hi,
We are using PDF Converter for converting TIF to PDF. Observed that the converted file size is more than 20 times of original TIF file. We are using 21.7 version, even then we see the file sizes are getting huge. Please let me know is there any way of reducing the file size?

Thanks, Mallik

1 Like

@mallikannasagaram

Could you please share the problematic TIFF and the sample code? We’ll then look into this issue.

@Atir_Tahir

I am using the following code:

Converter converter = new Converter(fileName);
PdfConvertOptions options = new PdfConvertOptions();
converter.convert(outputPath, options);

This issue is happening for any TIF file. Not specific to one file.

Thanks

1 Like

@mallikannasagaram

We cannot reproduce this issue at our end. Please have a look at this screenshot.PNG.jpg (228.7 KB) and these source/output files.zip (629.1 KB).
Could you please share one problematic TIFF file?

Archive.zip (1.6 MB)
@Atir_Tahir

Please find the sample document which I tried. The original TIFF is 79 KB, the converted pdf is 2 MB.
Looks like there is some optimisation related config/method calls are missing in my code. Request you to share the code you have used for onversion.

07227SV2468EA50.pdf (1.9 MB)

I am using the following code:

Converter converter = new Converter(fileName);
PdfConvertOptions options = new PdfConvertOptions();
converter.convert(outputPath, options);

Thanks,Mallik

1 Like

@mallikannasagaram

We could reproduce this issue at our end using the provided TIFF. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID CONVERSIONJAVA-1387. It’ll be now further investigated. You’ll be notified in case of any progress update.

@Atir_Tahir

May i know any update on the tiff issue?

Thanks

@mallikannasagaram

This issue is still under investigation.

@Atir_Tahir
May I know the status of this tiff file issue?

Thanks

@mallikannasagaram

We are still investigating this issue.