Tool for reading word signatures

We are currently developing a solution that should read all existing signatures from a Word document and if a signature is made or not, a corresponding SharePoint column should be updated.

Could you explain to me whether it is possible to read the existing signatures with a GroupDocs product and if so, how and with which product?

Thank you and best regards
Philipp Friesen

1 Like

@philippfriesen

Could you please clarify the type of signatures you’re referring to in the Word document?
Are these text-based, image-based, or digital signatures? Additionally, understanding the method used to create these signatures (e.g., signing pad, digital certificates) would be helpful. Moreover, could you specify your development platform, such as .NET or Java?
It’d be great if you share a sample Word file with test/sample signature(s).

@atir.tahir
Thanks for the response!
i uploaded a test document where you can see the signature we are using. To sign a document we are double clicking in the signature line in word and fill in our name. After that the document is signed and will be final. Development platform will be .NET
Test_Signature.docx (23,5 KB)

1 Like

@philippfriesen

Thanks for the details.

Yes, you can do that using GroupDocs.Signature for .NET. For instance, we ran following code to check if the provided Word file is digitally signed or not:

//C# code example
// Using the Signature class to work with the specified Word document
using (Signature signature = new Signature(@"D:/Test_Signature.docx"))
{
    // Search for digital signatures in the document
    List<DigitalSignature> signatures = signature.Search<DigitalSignature>(SignatureType.Digital);

// Display information about the digital signatures found in the document
    Console.WriteLine("\nSource document contains the following digital signatures:");
    foreach (var digitalSignature in signatures)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Digital signature found at {0} with validation flag {1}. Certificate Serial Number: {2}",
        digitalSignature.SignTime,
        digitalSignature.IsValid,
        digitalSignature.Certificate?.SerialNumber);
    }
}

And take a look at the output screenshot.jpg (86.0 KB). Please go through this documentation article - Search for Electronic Signatures and let us know if any further assistance is required.

@atir.tahir
Thank you the code is working for me.

Now it will show me all valid signatures. Is it also possible to get all signatures fields? also when the field is not signed? for example i have 4 signature fields and 2 are filled, that i get all in all 4 fields but 2 are filled with data.

1 Like

@philippfriesen

Please take a look at this Obtain document form fields and signatures information documentation article.