Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

.txt files from stream

Hello,

I having an issue integrating the annotations tool into my web forms .net project. I want to open files from stream but when i try to open .txt files viewer opens a popup and it say “The document couldn’t be loaded…”. But when i try to open same txt file with using filepath rather stream, it works.

First code doesnt work, second is works and i added my txt file as attachment

return Viewer.ClientCode()
.TargetElementSelector("#test").ShowFolderBrowser(false)
.Stream(new FileStream(@“C:\ViewerDemoDocs\testText.txt”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read))
.EnableRightClickMenu(false)
.ShowThumbnails(true)
.OpenThumbnails(false)
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).ToString();
.FilePath(@“C:\ViewerDemoDocs\testText.txt”)
.ShowThumbnails(true)
.OpenThumbnails(false)
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).ToString();

I was trying different things and i noticed something. If i use like this;

.Stream(new FileStream(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString(), FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read), Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString())
, Path.GetExtension(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString()), Path.GetFileName(ddlFile.SelectedItem.ToString()), false)
.ShowThumbnails(true)
.OpenThumbnails(false)
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).ToString();

or in annotation this also works
return new WidgetFactory()
.Annotation()
.ElementId(“test”)
.Stream(new FileStream(@“C:\ViewerDemoDocs\testText.txt”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read), Groupdocs.Common.FileType.Txt)
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).ToHtmlString();

But this dont work, it opens a popup and it say “The document couldn’t be loaded…”.
return new WidgetFactory()
.Annotation()
.ElementId(“test”)
.Stream(new FileStream(@“C:\ViewerDemoDocs\testText.txt”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read),“testText.txt”)
.Width(1000)
.Height(750).ToHtmlString();

I need to work with second one

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WEB-1431) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by GroupDocs Notifier.

Hello fkucuk,

Thank you for notifying us about this - yes, it is the same bug. GroupDocs.Annotation internally uses a GroupDocs.Viewer, so the bug in the GroupDocs.Viewer is also present in the GroupDocs.Annotation.

This bug occurs only with the TXT and some other file formats; it works okay with PDF and DOC/DOCX, for example. Our developers started to work on it.

We will notify you in this forum thread when the bug will be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for reply,

Yes, exactly. PDF, DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX works fine.