UI issues with version 17.2

Hi,

I am facing the following issues after updating to groupdocs v 17.2:

1) I want to enable thumbnails but keep them minimized/closed by default(openThumbnails = false), and they worked fine in version 2.16 but not in 17.2. Despite setting the openThumbnails option to false, the thumbnails container are visible by default.

2) “Loading your content…” message is visible even after the document loads/renders in browser.

3) Loader icon is visible for thumbnails even after their images are loaded.

A couple of other queries:
1) Is it possible to convert all document types to PDFs(RenderAsPDF) and then load the document content using this Pdf’s stream?
2) PageCSS array is empty if useCache is set to false, this breaks the CSS of the entire document in browser.
3) If i try to access the same document (at same storage path) from different URL’s, sometimes the images in document dont render , the GetDocumentPageImage returns a 404. However, if i manually delete the cache folder and refresh the page, the document loads perfectly fine. I faced this issue primarily in version 2.16.

Hi Shashi,

Thanks for sharing your issues with us.

Can you please tell us if you are using any of the Showcase projects? We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

I have been trying these in the showcase project as well. Couldn’t reproduce the thumbnails issue. I am attaching 2 screenshots of how the document renders & the response when I use UseCache as false.(screenshots of showcase project)

Also, can you just let me know the answers to following :
1) Is it possible to convert all document types to PDFs(RenderAsPDF) and then load the document content using this Pdf’s stream?

2) If i try to access the same document (at same storage path) from different URL’s, sometimes the images in document dont render , the GetDocumentPageImage returns a 404. However, if i manually delete the cache folder and refresh the page, the document loads perfectly fine. I faced this issue primarily in version 2.16.

Hi Shashi,

Thanks for providing the detailed information.

In showcase project, when you set UseCache property to false and the API does not save the resources i-e CSS to the cache directory and hence when loading the document in viewer, the resources are not loaded and as a result you get empty CSS array. On the other hand, if you set UseCache to true, the viewer picks up all the required CSS files from the cache.

Yes, you can render the documents into PDF and then load the PDF files using the stream. Please visit following documentation links for more details.

2) If i try to access the same document (at same storage path) from different URL’s, sometimes the images in document dont render , the GetDocumentPageImage returns a 404. However, if i manually delete the cache folder and refresh the page, the document loads perfectly fine. I faced this issue primarily in version 2.16.

We have checked the sample showcase applications but unable t reproduce this issue at our end. Can you please provide us the detailed scenario to reproduce this issue??

We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards