Unable to view PDF file. Error: Unable to create an instance of the document. The format of the document is unsupported or the document is corrupted

Hi, I’m trying to view a PDF file that loads fine in Adobe PDF viewer (and other viewers in my PC). The PDF file is version 1.7 according to a pdf analyzer tool I downloaded. (There are other pdf files of that same version that load fine in the Group docs viewer) However when I try to load this particular PDF I get the following error:

Unable to create an instance of the document. The format of the document is unsupported or the document is corrupted.

I tried doing a Preflight check on Adobe Professional and found no syntax issues in the PDF file. My GroupDocs Viewer reference runtime version is v4.0.30319. Underneath it, it also reads also Version 1.6. However, the License file says LicenseVersion is 2.2. I’m not sure which of these 3 versions is really my viewer’s version.

I know I’m not being terribly descriptive here, but are there any known issues with older versions of
the GroupDocs Viewer that would prevent a PDF file from showing? Any known issues on specific configurations within PDF files?

Unfortunately for legal reasons I cannot post the PDF file in this forum.

Thanks,

Eddie

@eparisi,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please share with us the following details so that we can investigate your reported issue at our end.

• Platform (.NET/Java) and version of GroupDocs.Viewer
  • Sample application (source code without compilation errors) that can be used to reproduce the issue
  • The problematic PDF document

In that case, you can share the PDF document via private message (see how to send a private message). We shall be looking forward to hearing from you.