Unhandled exception at line 15- column 60 in /Scripts/knockout-3.2.0.js JavaScript runtime error: Permission denied

Hi,

Re: GroupDocs.Viewer

I am trying to run the MVC example provided in the showcase. I am able to view pdf, docx documents without any issues. But when I try to open the excel file with .xlsx extension I am getting “permission denied error”. THe actual error is

Unhandled exception at line 15, column 60 in http://localhost:56599/Scripts/knockout-3.2.0.js JavaScript runtime error: Permission denied.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,
Vasanth

Hi there,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

Please make sure that Excel file is not password protected. If it is, then you’ll have to provide the password in html or image options before rendering the file. If you still face the issues, you can provide us the problematic Excel document. We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I am using the sample.xlsx file that came with the sample application and still I am getting permission denied error.

- Vasanth

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

We’ll investigate your mentioned issue at our end and shall get back to you shortly. Please stay tuned with us.

Warm Regards

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET. We investigated your issue, and we are unable to reproduce your issue at our end. Please share your Operating System and Browser details so that we can further investigate your issue.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am using WIndows 7 Professional with service pack 1.

And the browser is Internet Explorer 11.0.9600

Thanks,

Vasanth

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for providing the details.

We investigated your scenario in your provided environment but unable to reproduce the issue. Please try to view some other Excel documents and check if you are getting the same issue. Furthermore, please provide the details of the error you are getting in the developer console of the browser. Screenshots of the error will be helpful in this case. We shall be looking forward to hear from you.

Warm Regards