Unsupported or cant display file types (.ai, apng, .dib)

Hello,
Im testing supported file types on viewer both Groupdocs viewer live demo and in our project too.
I couldnt display some file types

.ai - wont open
.apng - its opening but there is window or overlay issue
.dib - wont open

Im adding the files on attachment
GroupdocsUnsupported.zip (3.0 MB)

@caglaraydogan

Thank you for attaching the files. Can you please share which demo you’re using?

Hello,
Ofcourse here it is photo and link:

When I test here its stucks at proccessing. It doesnt work in our project too.

demoGroupdocsEnv.PNG (107.5 KB)

@caglaraydogan

Got it, thanks for the screenshot. I’ve just tried to open the attached files and all worked except a9g89-uu69d.dib. The apng and ai files opened. We’ll take a look at the issue with dib and overlay.

Hello,

“.ai” opening at demo live at groupdocs site but its not opening in our .Net project.
and for “.apng” is opening but the displayed image is like the photo I have attached

apngDisplay.PNG (26.2 KB)

@caglaraydogan

Got it, thank you for the details.

@caglaraydogan

It seems that the attached .dib file is corrupted. I have failed to open the file with desktop viewers such as IrfanView and Windows Photo View. Furthermore, the attached file does not have the required header see Bitmap file header

The header field used to identify the BMP and DIB file is 0x42 0x4D in hexadecimal, same as BM in ASCII.

and this screenshot where I’m comparing our test file with attached dib-headers.png (129.0 KB)

@caglaraydogan
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): VIEWERNET-4322

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@caglaraydogan

The attached AI file is actually PDF file. To render the file you can change a file extension to .pdf or please share which demo project your are using so we could provide a temporary workaround.

@caglaraydogan

The issue with AI file has been fixed. We’ll handle such cases. The fix will be included in the next public release. We will notify you when it becomes available.

@caglaraydogan

The issue with APNG rendering has been fixed. The fix will be included in the next public release. We will notify you when it becomes available.

@caglaraydogan

The fix for this issue with AI file is included in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 23.4. The package is available at

Have a nice day!