Update and save document content programmatically in C#

Is it possible to update file with new content and then save it using this software?

@kanuja01,

Could you please mention the name of the GroupDocs product you are interested in? Also, please provide us the details of your requirement so that we can assist you accordingly.

GroupDocs.total , i am interested in. Could you please provide prizing and if it can work for all Microsoft files ? also is it possible to update file contents?

1 Like

@kanuja01,

Thanks for sharing the details.

GroupDocs.Editor API supports these file formats.

Yes, API allows you to edit most popular document formats using 3rd party front-end WYSIWYG HTML-editors without any additional applications. Note that API itself is back-end, UI-Independent.
Can you please tell if you are looking GroupDocs.Editor for .NET platform or for Java, we’ll then guide you accordingly.
If you have any purchase related inquiry, please post it here.

We are looking for .NET platform. Could you please provide details on purchasing product?

@kanuja01,

Please have a look at our pricing-purchase page.

Is it possible to update PDF , PowerPoint files, doc files and any other Microsoft files?

@kanuja01,

You cannot update/edit PDF as API doesn’t support PDF format.
However, PowerPoint, Word Processing family formats (e.g. Doc, Docx, Dotx) and Spreadsheet could be updated. Please have a look at supported file formats.

Ok thank you. The link you provided is broken, showing 500 internal server error.

@kanuja01,

You are welcome.

Sorry for the inconvenience, it’ll be resolved soon.

Is it possible to search through using this product , for all file formats like PDF, DOCS, EXCEL, PPT and any other format?

1 Like

@kanuja01,

In order to perform search (full-text search) over a multitude of file formats, you can use GroupDocs.Search for .NET API. Please have a look at the supported file formats. We also have an open-source GitHub example project for your ease. Please explore this project.

Can i be able to search any hyperlinks within document? also can i be able to search text inside table within document?

@kanuja01,

We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is PARSERNET-1390. As there is any update, you’ll be notified.

Do you want to perform search over a table only (ignore all other document content) inside a document? Otherwise, you can use GroupDocs.Search for .NET API to perform search over a index of documents. Using this API, you will search for a term/string and it will return its occurrence in the document (in table or anywhere else). Please elaborate.

Ok, yes. Thank you. I was meaning to ask you same. Can i be able to search text within html tables as well links?

@kanuja01,

Given a HTML file, you want to search a term/string only from the tables (available in the HTML file) not from any other content (e.g. paragraph, div). This is what you are looking for?

So if i have pdf file or doc file or PPT file and if i have to look html links as well text inside tables or div or rich text or paragragh , then is it possible to search?

Also did you get any update on ticket : PARSERNET-1390 you have created?

Yes in table

@kanuja01,

Currently, GroupDocs.Parser for .NET doesn’t support such a feature (to extract content from a table from PDF, PPT etc). However, you can give a try to GroupDocs.Search for .NET to perform full-text search operations.

This is still under investigation. We’ll notify you as there is any update.

@kanuja01,

Please note that hyperlinks are supported by Extraction Text Structure. Please see this example code.
Currently, hyperlinks are only supported for Word processing documents. Have a look at the documentation.