Updating to the latest 19 version

Hi, I’m updating from the 19.4 to the 19.12 version (I know it’s a wee bit outdated) for the support of .net standard. I saw in the release notes GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 19.9 Release Notes that several classes were moved to a legacy namespace, and it should be there until version 20. The sad thing is that I cannot find this namespace in any version later than 19.4.

Can you still help me out with this one?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

@ronneylira

Let us investigate this scenario. We’ll let you know if there’s any workaround otherwise, you have to follow the migration notes. Your investigation ticket ID is ANNOTATIONNET-2353.

cool, thanks! any help is appreciated.

@ronneylira

You are welcome.

@ronneylira

Could you please share a list of classes that you need to access to? And on which version (exactly) of GroupDocs.Annotation do you need them?

As far as I could gather I need access to the following classes:

GroupDocsAnnotation.Common.License.License
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Options.AnnotationImageHandler
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.AnnotationInfo
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Containers.DocumentInfoContainer
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.PageData
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Containers.DocumentInfoContainer.DocumentType
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Rectangle
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Point
GroupDocs.Annotation.Config.AnnotationConfig
GroupDocs.Annotation.Handler.AnnotationImageHandler
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Options.ImageOptions
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.AnnotationType

I’m trying to install the latest version of 2019, but I’ll be happy with any version that supports netstandard.

I also need to use other groupdocs packages :
GroupDocs.Conversion
GroupDocs.Editor
GroupDocs.Merger
GroupDocs.Signature

should I open other tickets for those packages?

@ronneylira

Based on your message, our understanding is that you are open to using any version that supports the .NET Standard for the Annotation API, as well as the other GroupDocs APIs mentioned previously. Additionally, we would appreciate your confirmation regarding whether you are willing to update all of these APIs to version 19.12 and above, or if you are considering using version 19.12 or lower.

Indeed, I can use any version of the 19.X that’s the one we are licensed for. If it’s the lastest, that’s also fine :slight_smile:

@ronneylira

You could use 19.9 or 19.12, these versions cover following classes:

GroupDocsAnnotation.Common.License.License -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Common.License.License
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Options.AnnotationImageHandler -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Handler.AnnotationImageHandler
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.AnnotationInfo -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.AnnotationInfo
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Containers.DocumentInfoContainer -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.Containers.DocumentInfoContainer
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.PageData -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.PageData
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Containers.DocumentInfoContainer.DocumentType -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.DocumentType
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Rectangle -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.Rectangle
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Point -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.Point
GroupDocs.Annotation.Config.AnnotationConfig -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Config.AnnotationConfig
GroupDocs.Annotation.Handler.AnnotationImageHandler -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Handler.AnnotationImageHandler
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.Options.ImageOptions -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.Options.ImageOptions
GroupDocs.Annotation.Domain.AnnotationType -> GroupDocs.Annotation.Legacy.Domain.AnnotationType

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. We are here to assist you.

thanks for all the help!

@ronneylira

You’re welcome.

Hi, @atir.tahir me again, sorry. I just tried installing version 19.9 and it doesn’t support the .net standard. vs says it was restored using the classic framework. When I try to use 19.12 the namespaces are still not available.

Can you double-check if those are indeed there?

@ronneylira

We will thoroughly investigate this matter and keep you informed of any developments.

1 Like

@ronneylira

Please take a look at this screenshot - namespaces.png (192.6 KB).
Namespaces are visible and exist (they are deprecated, but accessible).

I saw that you are targeting .net 48. My project is targeting .net 6 or .net standard. Do you think that might be the reason?
image.png (41.5 KB)
image.png (48.9 KB)

I just confirmed that that is the case. Why can’t I reach those namespaces from a .net standard project? I understood that it would be compatible.
image.png (48.1 KB)

@ronneylira

Please spare us some time and we’ll further investigate this matter. Your patience is appreciated as we work towards finding a solution.

thanks! Much appreciate it!

1 Like

@ronneylira

You are welcome.

@ronneylira

As for 19.9, it’s merely a warning that you can safely ignore when using it under .NET Standard. It functions without any issues.