Upgrade GroupDocs.Viewer

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade Groupdocs package which we have already used in our project.

I have following questions:

1: Do we need to update the license ?

2: We are not able to find updated version for Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison.dll and Groupdocs.Web.UI.Conversion.dll.

3: Please provide me the list of dot net dlls which we need to be upgrade.

4: From which exact dll I can find groupdocs.web.ui library/namespace.

Hi there,

We appreciate that you are planning to upgrade to latest version of the API.

First of all, your license will be valid for all versions of the API till it is not expired. Hence, you will not have to update your license in case you are upgrading the API.

Secondly, next generation GroupDocs.Viewer API, starting version 3.0, is completely different from the older versions. UI has been disintegrated from the API and only back end document processing features are exposed. The namespaces are also different from that of the older versions. It consists of only a single DLL named GroupDocs.Viewer.dll. Therefore, you may not use the new version in the way as you were using the previous versions, but you can easily understand and get migrated to the new version of GroupDocs.Viewer 3.x. Please read Migration Article for more details.

Please find below some resources to quickly get started:

We have also developed some sample open source document viewer applications using next generation GroupDocs.Viewer API. These applications are helpful to understand and learn the working of the API. Please find below the names of the applications along with their download links.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Thanks for your response.

Just wanted to tell you that we are using it locally not for API. From the C# side what exact changes we need to do. If you can tell me the steps it would be great.

Following are the dlls which we were referring earlier:

-Groupdocs.Viewer

-Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison

-Groupdocs.Web.UI.Conversion

I am not able to see the methods like EnableFileListRequestHandling, SetLogFilePath which we were using earlier.

Hi there,

Please note that next generation GroupDocs APIs (starting v3.0.0) are completely different from the older ones. You won’t use latest versions in the way you were using the old versions. The methods to implement API features are also different. Therefore, just updating the assembly references with new DLLs in your applications will not work.

Next generation GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API is very simple to understand and use. As I mentioned in the previous post, to get started, you can check features of the latest version using Example project. Furthermore, to get help about implementation of the document viewer applications, we have developed sample front end application as New Front End in which all the basic features of the API are implemented. Whereas, ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End and ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End applications are presented with the same features and UI which was present in the old GroupDocs.Viewer.

For any questions related to GroupDocs.Conversion and GroupDocs.Comparison, please contact our support representative on following forums.

If anything is not clear, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards