Usage questions (2)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing details with us.

We have successfully reproduced PDF to HMTL conversion issue on GroupDocs.Conversion API 3.4.0 which is already discussed, We are sorry for this . I am creating High Priority ticket for this issue on our issue tracking system.We will update you immateriality once we get any update.

Regarding Server Crash issue we will investigate on this in detail and will update you about our findings. Kindly share your GroupDocs.Conversion License Type information to reproduce this issue at our end.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi, we have Developer OEM license from account ‘accounts@inspire-tech.com

Hi Egormarkov,

Thank you for coming back and sharing details.

We will further investigate on your raised issue. we will share our findings with you once we get reproduced this issue at our end.

Thank you for your Patience.

Warm Regards,

Hello. Any fixes for my issues in new 3.5.0 release? should I update and try?

Hi Egormarkov,

GroupDocs.Conversion 3.5.0 release is based on Performance and other fixes. We are sorry for the delays as your raised issue is logged and under process right now. Due to its dependencies on back-end ASPOSE API we are facing delays, once its done we will immediately inform you. We recommend you to update your App with latest release.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hello,

Any updates? My boss chaising me. We raised issue 4 month ago - it still not resolved. How to speed up the things?

Hi Egormarkov,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and delays. We are still investigating this. As there is any update, we’ll notify you.

Warm Regards,

Hi

Another new crash from your library. Please check attached ZIP and let me know when it can be fixed.

Is it the right topic where i can post issues? Because i don’t see our problems reported far ago solved

Hello?

Hi Egormarkov,

Thank you for coming back.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we have investigated on your shared PDF document and during investigation we found that your file is password protected and without password in conversion process it is generating exception and may be this the reason for server crash. kindly try to convert the same file with password and share its password with us for further investigation, here is the sample code for password protected files conversion.

public static void ConvertToWordDocumentAdvanceOptions()
{
//ExStart:ConvertToWordDocumentAdvanceOptions
// Instantiating the conversion handler from custom common class
ConversionHandler conversionHandler = Common.getConversionHandler();

//Set password to unprotect protected document during loading
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions { Password = “secret” };

// convert file to Doc, starting from page 2 and convert 2 pages,
SaveOptions saveOptions = new WordsSaveOptions
{
ConvertFileType = WordsSaveOptions.WordsFileType.Doc,
PageNumber = 2,
NumPagesToConvert = 2,

};

kindly note that your previously raised all issues are fixed and you can check status of issue on first page of this thread where issue number and status are mentioned.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Few questions:
1. If PDF app can show this file - it doesn’t mean that your app can convert to HTML, right?
2. Anyway, your app should catch any exception and not crash the server - because it crash - it stops Application Pool and our users having troubles to connect. Please raise an issue to dev team

Hi Egormarkov,

Thank you for the inquiry.

In case of PDF with password protected you can not convert it to any other format without inserting password, for this purpose you need to handle the such scenario in your code for now, regarding handling of these exception at API level, we will forward it to our product team. Once we get any update from them we will contact you here.

Warm Regards,

No, this type of exception cannot be catched from our codes. we have global try catch block, but it cannot catch this one.

Hello Egormarkov,

Thank you for the details and clarification we have moved your raised point to the product team. after getting response from product team we will update you here.

Warm Regards,

Hello Egormarkov,

We are further investigating your issue as per provided event logs. During investigation we have found that exceptions are caught in our try catch block. please have look on this screenshot for more details. For further investigation on this issue we need your sample code to know how you are applying global try catch, this information would be very helpful to regenerate the scenario at our end.

Warm Regards,

Hi,

Sorry, You are right, this was my code problem.
Thanks

With the new versions i have some troubles, i’ll try to explain.

For PPT conversion We’ve done navigation with horizontal scrolling & navigation buttons. See attachment. This looks pretty and works great. This is with your version 3.1.0. I’ve just added css ‘display: table-cell;’ to make it show in horizontal view.

With the latest version 17.1.0 it’s got broken. I spend some time to resolve this problem, but there a lot differences with old generated html. See how it showing now for me in attachemnts.

Can you advise on how can i make it show correctly in horizontal view?
I also noticed the slide size was changed like 2 times down.

Base on this problem, i cannot just switch to newer version and use version with bugfixes i needed.

Looking forward for your response.

One more question regarding license. Our license going to expiry at end of this month. If we renew the license - do we need to update license file or the old file will work with no changes?

An update for PPT problem. So far I able to make it showing in horizontal. (by using display: inline-block; + some play with witdh & height of container). I need know to make the slide bigger in 1.5 times. Can you advise?

Hi Egormarkov,

We are glad to know that you have resolved above mentioned issues and thank you for updating us.

Regarding License file, yes you will need to replace the file with new one.
and about slide size issue, we will further investigate on this and we will share our findings with you soon.

Warm Regards,