Using Group doc vewer Java Library in Mobile app

Hi,

We want to use group docs viewer for java, in our hybrid application to open document and other files. We tried it in a Android device, and found, it just open a web view in the native browser. Is there any way or setting to open a mobile view.

Thanks,

Hello Reejmca,

Yes, you can freely use the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library to view files from mobile. If under “mobile optimized” you mean the user interface and its design then you can easily adjust it using CSS.
Please, explore with the browser developer tools what classes define the look and feel of viewer. Using these ones you will be able to create your own styles that are mobile oriented or responsive to any view port. Also, you have an ability to create a custom UI that perfectly fits your app. For this purpose, please, check the JavaScript events and triggers documentation, so you can create controls by your own.

Another solution can be to trigger container resize using BLOCKED SCRIPT
var containerElement = $("#containerID");
window.onresize = resize;
function resize() {
var width = containerElement.width();
containerElement.groupdocsViewer("setWidth", width);
var height = containerElement.height();
containerElement.groupdocsViewer("setHeight", height);
}
containerID – it is the id of the HTML container that holds the GroupDocs.Viewer. It is the same for which the .groupdocsViewer plugin is applied.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

From your reply we understand that, group docs doesn’t provide a mobile optimized view for mobile devices. It provides a web view only using group docs viewer library.

I’ve attached the screenshots from the mobile device and desktop application. For the desktop app, the view looks good, but for mobile, it just opens a web view, but that web view is not optimized for mobile device.

To be more specific, For example, I need an file to be opened in a Samsung Note 2 device, and the view should be optimized for mobile, not that I need to handle it in CSS to adjust the width and height, and the viewer should automatically the scale the view for the device.

Do group docs provide a specific library or sdk for Andriod?, so that we can just pass the file to group docs viewer, and it opens the file in whichever device and optimized for that device.

Thanks,
Reej

Hello Reej,

Reej:
Do group docs provide a specific library or sdk for Andriod?, so that we can just pass the file to group docs viewer, and it opens the file in whichever device and optimized for that device.
The GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library supports Android applications. I think that the problem is not in the entire library, it’s only in the front-end. You can easily customize current user interface to fit your application. As the out-of-the-box UI is developed in pure HTML5 (HTML, CSS, JavaScript), you can use the provided front-end API to construct you own layout and design it with CSS.
By the way, in case of correct UI, may I know what license type (Developer Small Business, Developer OEM, Site Small Business or Site OEM) you would be interested in?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently we are using the trial license, attached the license herewith.
We want to create a demo app, to open the files in mobile view(not in desktop view).
Kindly provide us a sample on how to move forward on this for customizing the view for mobile device.

Thanks,
Reej
Hi ,
If Group docs can provide the correct UI (UI rendered for mobile device), what would be the cost, and we require a Corporate license. kindly let us know the difference between the certificates you have mentioned.

Thanks,
Reej

Hello Reej,

As a quick sample we can provide a sample with the custom UI. Not the mobile one, but the separately created layout and attached with the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library using front-end API (triggers). Will it be good for you as a starting point?

Hello Reej,

Reej:
If Group docs can provide the correct UI (UI rendered for mobile device), what would be the cost, and we require a Corporate license. kindly let us know the difference between the certificates you have mentioned.

It depends on your use-case: is your web-site (web-app) publicly available or only for internal usage, also how many developers will work on the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java integration. You can check here http://groupdocs.com/purchase/java-pricing description of available license plans. Or elaborate a bit more on your use-case so we can suggest the license type that fits your case.

Hi,

Could you please kindly elaborate, what you mean by a Custom UI. If it is a web view with rendering done for the mobile devices, we are fine with that. we need a demo to see the UI rendered is proper in a mobile device.

Thanks,
Reej

Hi,

Regarding the licensing, my boss will be handling it, has forwarded him.

Is there any updates on the sample custom UI for mobile, you were talking about

Thanks

Hello Reej,

Sorry for the delay, I had to gather more info for you.

First things go first. The UI I mentioned is not the final-stage mobile design. I proposed to prepare a scaffold using which you can build your own mobile layout and design. If such example will serve you as starting point and you are interested I can prepare it for you.

I got the info that we already have a new design that should perfect work on mobile devices as well. But for the moment we have not tested and applied it yet. We have planned to publish the new design, but there are a lot of other features with higher priority on our roadmap. Priorities of these features strongly depend on the license type of customers that demand them. Depended on the license type you are interested in we may prioritize the new design to be implemented earlier.