Using GroupDocs viewer .Net in ASP.NET

I am trying to use the doc viewer in an ASP.NET website. I can’t find any instructions or examples that show how to implement for asp.net.

Hi BZain,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

We have developed some sample open source document viewer applications to demonstrate all the features of the back end GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API. These applications will help you to get an idea of how to use the API in an ASP.NET application. As the applications are open source, you can also use them at your end. Following are the applications along with their GitHub links.

Following application is a very simple and easy to understand demonstration of the basic features of the API. This application will help you if you want to create your own front end application from the scratch.

In case you would have any confusion, please feel free to let us know.

Warm Regards

Thanks for the quick reply. When I try to build any of the solutions in the showcase I get this error and the project doesn’t build.

Error This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see Troubleshooting NuGet Package Restore in Visual Studio | Microsoft Learn. The missing file is D:\My_VisualStudio_Projects\GroupViewer_Samples_New Front End\.nuget\NuGet.targets. GroupDocs.Viewer.Model D:\My_VisualStudio_Projects\GroupViewer_Samples_New Front End\GroupDocs.Viewer.Model\GroupDocs.Viewer.Model.csproj 63

Hi BZain,

Thanks for sharing your issue with us.

Please don’t forget to enable NuGet Packages Restore option to download/add the missing packages/references after loading the project in Visual Studio. You can do it by following below steps.

• Right click on solution and press "Enable NuGet package Restore"
  • Right click on solution and press "Manage NuGet packages for Solution"
  • Press “Restore” button
  • Build the project

In case you are using Visual Studio 2015 or greater, please remove the tags mentioned in this screenshot from the project file (.csproj) and then reload the project. Hope it helps.

Warm Regards

I got it to compile now, but I am encountering a problem trying to test with Excel spreadsheet.

Is it possible to provide a timed temporary full license so I can complete my POC?
Our requirement is very specific. I need to prove to my clients that the solution will work before I buy the license. Thanks.

Hi BZain,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Yes, you can get a free temporary license to evaluate all the features of the API without any limitations. This license will be valid for 30 days. To post your request for a temporary license, please visit this link.

In case you face any other issue, please feel free to let us know.

Warm Regards

I still can’t get any of Showcase samples to work. I applied the license. I always get some kind of Javascript error.

For example, I get “0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: ‘FormData’ is undefined” when I try the New Front end sample.
I get “0x800a0046 - JavaScript runtime error: Permission denied” when I try the ASP.Net webform sample.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your issues with us.

Can you please provide us name and version of the browser you are using at your end? Furthermore, if possible, please provide us the screenshots of the errors you are getting. We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards