Version 2.17.0.11270 causes conflicts with log4Net

After updating the GroupDocs DLL to version 2.17 our application would no longer compile because you have added a reference to log4net and we also use log4net and there is a type conflict.

The type ‘log4net.ILog’ exists in both ‘c:\OurCode\ExternalAssemblies\Groupdocs.Viewer.dll’ and ‘c:\ourcode\log4net.2.0.3\lib\net40-full\log4net.dll’

I found a solution to this issue here:
c# - Type exists in 2 assemblies - Stack Overflow

I would suggest that if we end users can’t log errors from Groupdocs that the log4net DLL is not embedded in it. Many people use log4net and will run into this issue.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. I glad to hear that you was able to resolve the issue and I will notify our Product team about it. If it will be possible we will improve this.

Best regards.

Finding workaround does not mean that there’s no need to fix it in the closest release. Most people use log4net (including out company) and it really stops them from updating dll to the newest version of GroupDocs Viewer for .net. So please provide us a time period in which this issue will be fixed.

PM

Hi Piotr,

Thank you for the request. This will be fixed in the GroupDocs.Viewer 2.19.0.

Best regards.

Hi,

I have tested v.2.19 and it looks all right. Thank you

Piotr

Hello Piotr,

You are welcome. If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

--------

Best regards,

Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+