Viewer 3.3.0 problems

Hi,

using the new viewer version we faced some problems:

The eml and msg files doesn’t show the attachments after the message page, as it does the legacy viewer (2..);

The xls files threw an exception while getting html pages, the exception text doesn’t give any other useful information;

The stream method for generating the html gives an error. Please give us a working example…

Some pdf generated by MS Word has some problem with viewing

Please try it, with high priority on xls files…

Thanks

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

We evaluated the issues you are facing at our end. And let me explain you the outcomes.

The eml and msg files doesn’t show the attachments after the message page, as it does the legacy viewer (2..);

Showing attachment file form a message/email is currently not implemented in the Sample Front End Applications. We have discussed it with concerned team. So, this feature will be implemented in any of the future releases of the front ends.

The xls files threw an exception while getting html pages, the exception text doesn’t give any other useful information;

This issue is not reproduced at our end. We will recommend you to use latest release of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET Version 3.4.0. You can try any of our sample GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET front end applications.

The stream method for generating the html gives an error. Please give us a working example…

GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.4.0 provides a function GetPages that overloads stream object. Please give it a try and share your experience.

Some pdf generated by MS Word has some problem with viewing

Please provide the problematic file.

Many Thanks

Hi,
With excel files i get an exception with this text: “This is not a structured storage file”. What can it be?
Many thanks

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

We are sorry but we could not reproduce this issue at our end.
Please provide us the problematic files.

Many Thanks

The problem with xls file was reproduced with only one file, probably it has some problem, i’ll send you it to make some test…

By the way, some post above you said that eml and msg attachment files are not available by now with the frontend… Can you give me a little guideline to show attachments files or some tip to do it??

Many thanks,

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

Yes, kindly send us the xls file, so that we can test it on our end as well.
Furthermore visit Working with Email Attachments article, it will certainly guide you in getting original files attached with .msg file.

Best wishes

Hi,

with your example i saw that i can extract the attachments streams but my problem is to merge thoses streams with the email one to view only one document in the viewer given by the concatenation of all of thems… Is it possible in any way? Many thanks

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

We apologize that, currently, this feature is not available in our WebForms front end. However, I have logged this feature as an enhancement in GroupDocs.Viewer GitHub issues. The concerned team will look into it and once they provide any update, we will notify you. Please follow this link for any updates related to this feature.

If you have any question, please feel free to let us know.

Many Thanks

We are using this in a MVC project, does it make any difference? This is a very big limitation for our uses, hope will be solved as soon as possible!!

Many Thanks

Gianluca

Hi Gian,

Thank you for asking.

Since we have separate showcases for ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web Forms, therefore this feature will be treated differently. Therefore, your requirement has been logged on Github as:

https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/54

We’ll review our pending tasks in the coming week and then can decide when to start on this task.

Best Regards

Hi Gianluca,

Your requested feature, logged on GitHub as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/54, has been implemented in ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End. Please download the latest source code from GitHub.

Best Regards