Viewer and Annotations

Hi
I have a requirement to display different type of documents in browser and user can add comments/annotations to document.
I am using .net mvc and application is deployed on azure platform.

1. Do I need to buy annotations library differently or annotations also contains viewer?

2. I tried to run newFrontEnd sample application from show case but it does not display full features of viewer. I also tried to get full temporary license but process to "Get Temporary license" in the pricing information wizard does not work.

3. Do you have any sample where I can see complete features of viewer working with ,net mvc?
For example: The viewer which I see after login. Please see attached screenshot

Moreover I am struggling to get the right sample example of full featured viewer and temporary license.

Thanks
Shiv

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am writing the inline answers of your questions.

1. Do I need to buy annotations library differently or annotations also contains viewer?
GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.0 (which is going to release in current month) will be a UI less back-end API. You can develop and use your own viewer to view the documents. If you may want to use the open source GroupDocs.Annotation front end then you will have to purchase GroupDocs.Viewer license as well. GroupDocs also provides GroupDocs.Total (all in one) license which will be valid for all the GroupDocs products.

2. I tried to run newFrontEnd sample application from show case but it does not display full features of viewer. I also tried to get full temporary license but process to “Get Temporary license” in the pricing information wizard does not work.
You can request for temporary license to use all the features exposed by GroupDocs.Viewer API in New Front End. Please follow the link to get temporary license: Get Temporary License

3. Do you have any sample where I can see complete features of viewer working with ,net mvc?
You can download our sample open source front ends (Legacy MVC, Web Form) of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET and get their complete features using the temporary license. Here are the helpful links related to front ends.

Below are some useful resources about the usage of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.x UI less API.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,
Get Temporary License link is displaying blank page when I click on "Get temporary license" button. I checked it on 2 different systems with 2 different browsers!!

Thanks
Shiv
Hi all,

I spoke to this customer on live chat and explained that as a company policy we don't send licenses to Gmail addresses.

The issue will be resolved if a company address is used.

Many thanks,

John

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for notifying us.

Please make sure that you have created your account and signed in properly. Once you are signed in, visit here and you will just have to follow 4 easy steps to get temporary license.

Good Luck.