Viewer and Compare problems

Hi,

Unfortunately we can’t reproduce your issues. Also you can try to add such code line:
to the head section of the both web pages (viewer web page and iframe web page) if you don’t have it yet.

If this will not help you we will try to provide additional investigation for this issue.

Best regards.

Hi again,

Sorry but now they still working on it. We will try to ask them to speed up fixing this issue too and include the fix the to next version. Btw. could you please share again the docx file with which you have this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry but the trick doesn’t work, the result is the same… i don’t know what else to do to get it work!

Gianluca

Well, we can’t wait for 20 days even if you resolve all the issues that we have reported.

If had we know that you use 3rd part component, probably we would not have bought your product.
You are causing a lot of issue with our customers.
In the next days you’ll receive an email by my bosses.

Hello Gianluca,

From your screenshots I have found out that your browser works in strange mode , you should ensure that it runs under IE9 mode . The second thing that I have noticed is that you use “Quirks” document mode - please change it to the IE9 standards .

The HTML approach (adding a meta tag in the head) only works consistently on raw HTML or very basic server pages. According on the screenshots your site is a very complex server-driven site, themeing and a lot of third party controls, etc. What I found was that some of these controls may programmatically adding their own tags to the final HTML which were being pushed to the browser at the beginning of the head tag. This effectively rendered the HTML meta tags useless.

Well, if you can’t beat them, join them. One more solution that can help you is to do exactly the same thing in the pre-render event of your web page with the iframe as such: Open your aspx.cs file of the web page with iframe (n the example project that you shared it is a IframePreview,aspx.cs) and add such code

protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

HtmlMeta MetaTag = new HtmlMeta();

MetaTag.HttpEquiv = “X-UA-Compatible”;

MetaTag.Content = “IE=edge”;

Page.Header.Controls.AddAt(0, MetaTag);

}

Please try this approach. Also don’t forget to clear the browser and IIS cache.

Best regards.

Hello Gianluca,

Thank you for the information. About the JavaScript error - we have provided additional testing with IE and found out next:
In test we used Viewer 2.11.1, (please note that this version doesn’t contains the fix for pdf rendering issue ) and pdf which has 57Mb size and 323 pages - as a result all works well for us there was no JavaScript errors. Since that we can recommend you (if possible) to update the IE browser and use latest one (IE8 is a very old version and contains a lot of bugs and glitches). The browser update will also prevent a lot of problems (with HTML and CSS) in the future with the new features that simply doesn’t supported in the IE8

We will notify you when the fixed version of the Viewer will be available.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,

I tried to put this on prerender method but it hasn’t effect. Isn’t this the same to put the meta tag on page header?

Hi, I want to summarize the issues that we have found.

Now we are using 2.11.1 version of viewer and we want to use HtmlBasedEngine property to improve performances.

We noticed:

• slowness in general, particularly if you want to view a ppt/pptx file.
  • if you use HtmlBasedEngine xls file are not displayed, while if you set that property to false, it show a page for each sheet (noticed in IE9, IE10, IE11 and Firefox)
  • with txt file with IE10 and IE11 during the opening there is a js error and then the file is zoomed at the max value. With IE9 the file doesn't appear. If you not use HtmlBasedEngine the file is displayed in the right way.
  • With IE9 doc files with tables, images, etc.. are displayed in a wrong way. This when the viewer is inside a frame in the page and the page where the frame is showed use other components like telerik that use the same css/jquery. Maybe this is the same problem that occurs with txt files.
  • With IE9 when you try to zoom in or zoom out or rotate the page, the document isn't displayed in the right way (the file is cutted instead of zoomed). This occur when the viewer is inside a frame like above. If you not use HtmlBasedEngine with document with about 50-70 pages there are problems of slowness and freezing of the browser.
  • With eml files the date is not right (we noticed that it shows 2 hours back, in our case).

Now, to remedy to this problems, we use HtmlBasedEngine(false) for txt and xls files for all the browser and also for doc files with IE9.

I understand that IE8 is an old browser (in fact we don't use the viewer with IE8 anymore), but at least with IE >9 it should work properly, because we can't say to our customers to update the browser version if they have more clients.

We will be grateful if you can tell to us exact dates to fix this problems because we have to inform our customers.

Thank you

Hi,

Yes, it’s almost the same, the difference is that that in your project you have allot of other libraries and some of them may programmatically adding their own tags to the final HTML which were being pushed to the browser at the beginning of the head tag and the meta tag can be shifted below. This approach will put it just after head tag.

Does you have tried to switch your browser mode as I described in the my previous post?

Thank you

Hello Gianluca,

Thank you for combining the issues.

slowness in general, particularly if you want to view a ppt/pptx file - from this is not clear how to reproduce it and how slow it is. - Could you please share the documents which are rendered slowly and describe how fast they should be rendered.

if you use HtmlBasedEngine xls file are not displayed, while if you set that property to false, it show a page for each sheet (noticed in IE9, IE10, IE11 and Firefox) - could you please describe in details and share the screenshots of the issue and of the browser console.

with txt file with IE10 and IE11 during the opening there is a js error and then the file is zoomed at the max value. With IE9 the file doesn't appear. If you not use HtmlBasedEngine the file is displayed in the right way. - should be fixed in the next version of the Viewer

With IE9 when you try to zoom in or zoom out or rotate the page, the document isn't displayed in the right way (the file is cutted instead of zoomed). This occur when the viewer is inside a frame like above. If you not use HtmlBasedEngine with document with about 50-70 pages there are problems of slowness and freezing of the browser. - should be fixed in the next version of the Viewer

With IE9 doc files with tables, images, etc.. are displayed in a wrong way. This when the viewer is inside a frame in the page and the page where the frame is showed use other components like telerik that use the same css/jquery. Maybe this is the same problem that occurs with txt files. - yes, it could be the reason, btw the information that you use Telerik is a new information about the issue thank you for sharing. Since that that Telerik use the same CSS/jQuery try to disable loading of the jQuery with such code:
<%= Viewer.CreateScriptLoadBlock().LoadJquery(false).LoadJqueryUi(false) %>

If this will not help you please share with us example of the web page with Telerik that we can investigate it.

With eml files the date is not right (we noticed that it shows 2 hours back, in our case) - yes, we have reproduced it and we will add it to our fix queue and we will resole it soon.

The new version of the Viewer (2.12.0) should be released very soon - from day to day.

Thank you and waiting for the updates from you.

I can’t switch the quirks mode because it comes in a lot of errors in browser…

Thanks
Gianluca

Hi Pavel,

i downloaded the latest viewer version but still have this problems:
  • in IE9 and IE10, using htmlEngine, we have problems with txt and xslx files. In console there are javascript errors of this kind : "SCRIPT5022: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: “<div…”. If we disable HtmlEngine, xsl files are displayed in different pages, as you can see printing a file of this extension, with all the document cropped in different sheets;
  • txt file is fixed in ie10 but not in ie9
  • the problem with files with tables etc isn’t fixed disabling the jquery loading.
Don’t you have a compatibility matrix to see what functionality is running or not on a browser? I’m asking for this because we lost a lot of time doing tests with combinations of options on browsers to see, after a lot of hours, that there isn’t a combination of them that work fine on all browsers

Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,

In such case our product team will try to do something with it for you. It will take some time for investigation of the quirks mode of the IE browser. We will do all our best to resolve it soon.

Best regards.

PS: by tests i saw that format errors are due to UseVirtualScrolling set to true. with this property to false, on txt and xlsx the zoom buttons hasn’t effect on IE9 in iframe,

Waiting for a reply

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

We have made new version of the Viewer. Please download it here and try with it.

Thank you

Hello Gianluca,

Sorry but these issues are still under fixing. Our product team will do all the best to resolve them ASAP.

Also as I asked earlier please share with me the txt and xlsx files that you use, it’s very important that we can test the library with your documents on our side.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

trying this new version but i still get the same script errors. In most cases after skipping the error alerts, the document is rendered in correct way…
Thanks
Gianluca

Can’t attach the files cause of captcha error but please note that the issues can be replicated using the files in demo project and enabling the virtual scrolling

So, which bugs has been fixed in the 2.12? In some post ago you said that some bugs will be fixed in this release but can’t find what has been fixed.

Gianluca

If you need of some extra datas or wanna do a teamviewer session please tell me, we wanna resolve the problem asap.

Thanks
                        Gianluca

Hello Gianluca,
                        Thank you for the notification about the files. The full list of fixed bugs you can check here. The bug is fixed, also as you say the issue in the IE9 for txt files fixed.

Thank you.