Viewer and Compare problems

Hi, our customers find out another issue with pdf files.
The attached pdf file isn’t displayed well.
Can you verify that with the latest version (2.16) with UseHtmlBasedEngine(true) this file is displayed correctly (also inside an iframe)? If not, can you verify this case? It is very important for our customers.

Thank you

yes, sure, what about Wednesday?

Hello Gianluca,

We are sorry for that. Yes, we can confirm this issue and bug ticket created. We will do all our best to resolve it in the 2.16 version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ok, wednesday it’s perfect. You’ll tell me the time of appointment!

Hi, we also find out a problem with csv files using UseBasedHtmlEngine(true). Come out javascript errors…

Can you analyze also this problem?
Thank you

Simply when you will be ready just share with me the TeamViewer credentials here and I will connect.

Thank you.

Hi again,

We have tested this behavior with test csv file and it rendered well with out any console errors in the IE 9.

Share with us your csv file.

Thank you.

It’s ok to make a teamviewer session today, at 15 pm (italian time zone, +1) if possible. Please give me a contact where i can send you the teamviewer id to start the session.

We use a simple csv, however I attach it. Remember that in this moment, in our product, we use 2.11.1 version of viewer. Unfortunately our customers use that version, so the reported bugs are for that version.

When you release 2.16 version, if all the problems that we have reported will be fixed, we have planned an update of the viewer.

Thank you

Hello Gianluca,

Sure, please send me the id on my email pavel.teplitsky@groupdocs.com

Thank you.

Hello Gianluca,

Thank you for this info. Sorry but since you use such old Viewer the only thing that I can advice you is to update it to 2.15.1, almost all your issues are fixed in it (I shared list of them earlier) and if you say that you still see them in 2.15.1 - we can’t reproduce them with this version.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

any news about yesterday session? Thanks
Gianluca

Hi, I want to inform you that the latest update resolved a lot of issues.

However there is the problem reported on the end of september about displaying pdf without the text. (I re-attach it)
Also there is the problem with tiff files when trying to print them (borders problem).

Some customers asked to open signed and/or time stamped pdf files (with p7m, m7m, tsd extensions).

For the first 2 issues: can you communicate to us when will be fixed?
For the last question: are you planning to support, in the future, these files?

Thank you

Hello Gianluca,

Yes, I have discussed your issues with our product team and shared them the errors list and file examples. The main issue with xlsx files (JavaScript error) - will be resolve from day to day.

As for the other issues they will investigate them more carefully and then I will have feedback from them with more details.

Also since you use Viewer and Comparison in same project you should use aliases as shown in this example. Please pay extra attention for the next:
1. Web.config file - handlers and modules section.
2. Global.asax - The initialization sequence, you should follow it in your project
3. Viewer web page - both aspx and aspx.cs
4. Comparison web page - the same as for the viewer, check both files

Thank you.

Hi Gianluca,

Thank you for the notification and glad to hear that a lot of issue were resolved. Yes, the issue with empty table in the pdf file still not resolved. Unfortunately according on our support policy I can’t share any ETA.

As for the tif printing - could you please provide more info for how to reproduce and screenshot of the issue.

About new file types - I have asked about them our Product team, when I will get any response from them I will notify you.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

for comparison i already used the solution you said in latest post but we agreed that it was a temp solution because of the performances and bug resolution on comparison dll.
If the format errors will be resolved very soon it will be a very big result. Waiting for news as fast as you can.

Gianluca
Hi, I have already reported to you the problem on tiff printing, indeed on post 8786 you told me "We have created a bug ticket for the issue with tiff printing. We will do all our best to resolve it and then will notify you."

Thank you

Hello Gianluca,

To fix the issue with the BlueDrive.pdf that the text on the first page placed on the center of the page you need to add handler in to the web.config.
In the system.web section

and to the system.webserver

Thank you.
gianboscolo:
Hi, I have already reported to you the problem on tiff printing, indeed on post 8786 you told me "We have created a bug ticket for the issue with tiff printing. We will do all our best to resolve it and then will notify you."

Thank you

And about the problem with pdf: we need to communicate to our customers when the problem will be fixed, we cannot tell them : "we don't know when!"

Thank you

Hi again,

Please download new fixed Viewer here. In this version should be fixed issue with the xlsx files and with pptx files.

Thank you.