Viewer dll version problem

Hi,

We’ve implement viewer to our web form project(not mvc). On my developer machine it works well, but for testing i create a virtual machine i’ve build a release of our project but it gives error. It wants to “2.12.0.21022” but i’ve “2.12.0.25626” version of viewer. I checked web config and csproj’s there is nowhere telling that viewer has to be “2.12.0.21022” or “2.12.0.25626”. I referenced viewer and annotation dll as “do not” use specific version. But it still looking for “2.12.0.21022”. Then i found dlls that it want but now it wants System.Web.Mvc 3.0.0.0 dll but we’re not using mvc.

Do you have any idea why it wants “2.12.0.21022” version, because i build them with using "2.12.0.25626"

By the way, we’re using annotation and viewer together.
Hello ,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We think that the issue was shown , because the Annotation can't be used together with this version of the Viewer. But we can investigate this issue if you share with us your project example and we will try to fix the issue.

Please come back to us with your project and we will be glad to help you.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Hello,

Unfortunately I cant send you sample code because now viewer and annotation embeded in
our project and i cant send it. But if you want to see i can show you with team viewer. But same dll’s works fine on my developer machine, there is no mismatch with those two dlls. I have create two virtual machines for this, both gives same error.

Hello,

Could you please clarify what is your current error? If the issue is with this:

"now it wants System.Web.Mvc 3.0.0.0 dll but we're not using mvc" then we should mention that our GroupDocs.Annotation requires MVC 3.0 anyway. This feature already was reported to developers and they are looking to remove this in new versions of the product.

Looks like locally you have installed MVC, right?

-------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hello,

Yes MVC is locally installed on my machine, but its not installed my virtuals so i create a test console project and i add mvc dlls from nuget. After build i get all dlls from test project but it didnt solve the problem its want to System.Web.Mvc 3.0.

Actually on my first try i did it like this;
It wanted System.Web.Mvc 3.0, then i go to my GAC folder and i take it from there and put the dll to virtual.
Then it wanted System.Web.WebPages.Razor, after that it wanted System.Web.WebPages, after that it wanted System.Web.Mvc 3.0. Thats why i think it wants one of its depencies, then i create test project and get all dlls from there. But i didnt solve the problem.

My current problem is MVC dll. But my actual problem is i build project with viewer version 2.12.0.25626, why it wants to 2.12.0.21022. Also, I set it “do not use specific version” from reference options, so it have to dont look dlls versions. But it needs to specific version.

Hello ,

Thank you for posting.

Basically, we still can't to reproduce your issue with two versions of Viewer libraries, but we will try to reproduce it and seems that it take a little longer than we hoped.

At this moment we have new version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 2.13.0 and could you please try to check it in your project. You can download new version from here .

If you will have the same issue again, then please specify, how you configured your project locally and on the VM.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hello,

I solved the problem. I dont know why but somehow when we build project it stored dll’s versions-even dont set use specific version-. I change dll’s and rebuild again, it worked. Also i added azure and mvc dlls from nuget. But if you can remove mvc and windows azure storage dll’s from project it’ll be better. Because we dont use azure or mvc but we need those dlls otherwise annotation doesnt work.

By the way, is there anyway load license without using physical path-like aspose license, we load it from byte array-. We dont want to put groupdocs.total.lic file in a folder that in our customers server.

Thank you for your interest,

Kind Regards
Hello,

We glad to hear that your issue was resolved.

We have discussed with our product team about your issue "using a stream instead the physical path for license" and they will try to add such method in our next release of the GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET.

When the library will be released you will be notified in this forum thread.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hello,

Thank you for information, I’ll be wating next release.

My concern is, after we start install new version of our project license file will be in their servers and if they discover how to use it-If they realize its a license file, they can easyly learn how to use it from documentation- They can use it, its loyality free. We dont want to use it, for now i’ll change license file name like “somethink.dll” or somethink like that before new release, they wont touch it. Aspose is your partner i suppose so, license management like aspose can be better. Its only my opinion, you know better it than me.

Kind Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have logged this feature in our issue tracking system as ANNOTATION-1113. We have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov